If you look really closely at this picture, you can see one long, lone strand of hair at the top of Dallin's head. I love that hair. It's my favorite hair on his sweet little chubby head. I look for it every day and wonder how that one hair grew so long. Was it his first hair? By, like, months? Does it just have a super growth cell at the base of the hair? These are things I ponder as I stroke his soft baby fuzz.
I am constantly overwhelmed by how much I love these four little bodies who swarm around me every day. I have their faces memorized, the feel of their hair is familiar to the touch, their preferences and wishes are second nature. I can tell you what their favorite foods are, favorite shows to watch, favorite toys to play with.
I am their mother and I am humbled to be called by such a noble title.
I can't help but wonder if one of the reasons we are so blessed to be parents is to get a glimpse into the method that our Heavenly Father uses to know us - our likes and dislikes, our preferences and quirks. He knows us because He is with us, constantly. He knows when we're happy or sad, alone or comforted, disappointed or triumphant. He loves us and wants us to be happy.
As I continue down my mothering path, it's humbling to learn these little lessons that give me a greater appreciation and understanding of my relationship with my Father in Heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment