
I've joined the ladies volleyball team in my ward that plays on Thursdays nights after the kids are in bed. Until last week, I hadn't played a good game of volleyball since my MTC days. I forgot how much I love to play and get down and dirty! And playing with a group of moms who are all exhausted after a long day of changing diapers has proven to be a wonderful stress reliever! But as we were playing on Thursday, I couldn't help but pay attention to the conversations and actions that were going on and I just had to laugh because most of the things that were happening would
never happen if it were men playing volleyball. For instance:
- If anyone made a mistake, missed a ball, didn't call the ball, etc, instead of swearing or laughing, you'd just hear, "I'm sorry!"
- In the middle of the first game, we had a lengthy conversation about one mom's new hair color.
- The other team got involved in the conversation about her hair color.
- Requests for the "beehive re-serve" were made, even though they weren't allowable with the new rules.
- When the ball bounced off the ceiling, we instinctively ducted out of the way.
- We laughed about how much less graceful we are now compared to the good old days.
At the end of the night, we all got in our minivans and went home exhausted but feeling great! And this week, we actually won!
4 comments:
Ha ha! Sounds like a good time!
Sound like so much fun! I should look into something like that:)
- That's funny - It sounds like the same type of conversation that takes place in my tennis matches on the change overs. With the exception of the I'm sorry.
You sound like you are doing great -
That sounds like a blast! I always struggled playing vollyball with anything other than a beachball because it would hurt my wrists so bad. Way to go Cloey!
Post a Comment