Saturday, October 31, 2009
Happy Halloween!
I remember as a kid being so excited about Halloween and the prospect of getting obscene amounts of candy and dressing up in crazy home-made costumes. As an adult, the holiday has lost some of its magic for me, but I can already see how exciting and wonderous it still is for my children. This year's festivities began on Friday for Isaac's preschool Halloween party. I made Isaac a little street sign, but of course he left it at school. I love hearing him say "I'm a construction worker!" because "construction" comes out more like "constructxkin." Way too many consonants in there. After a while, he just started calling himself "Bob the Builder."
Friday night we went back to our old stomping grounds in Draper for our former ward's truck-or-treat. Our ward cancelled ours last weekend because of the swine flu (why can't people just stay home if they're sick?!?!?!?!?!), so I was happy that we could still go to one this year.
Emilie took a little while getting used to her costume but was a pretty good sport about it all. She loved taking her little basked up to people and getting candy. She was so polite and would say "day-diyoo, bye bye!" and wave at each person. Way too cute.
With the weather so nice today, I took the kids to Hee Haw Farms in Pleasant Grove and I just wish I would have gone sooner in the season so that we could have come back a few times! I loved it, the kids loved it, and it was a lot more affordable than some of the other autumnal attractions in our area. I expected it to be packed today, but it wasn't too crowded and the kids were able to do everything they wanted. Isaac thought the giant slides were a blast.

Why is it that kids love to get buried in corn? And throw corn? Maybe that's why these places have giant corn pits.
Emilie just liked making piles and watching the other kids go crazy.
Bouncing in the hay. I had to finally climb inside to get Emilie out, she was having such a good time in here.
Riding the pony. I didn't let Emilie have a turn, last time I tried to let her have a pony ride, she let everyone know within ear shot that she did not approve.
Riding in the tractor train. Isaac would have stayed in all day, Emilie was very ready to get out by the time the ride was done.
The kids had so much fun in the petting zoo. The goats and sheep would eat right out of your hand. Isaac wanted to keep feeding them and would laugh every time they licked his hands. Emilie has two main categories for animals: cats and dogs. The goat, evidently, is a cat.
And pigs are doggies.
What do you do when you can't find your way out of a short maze? Just climb up on the top and jump out. Worked for Isaac.
After we got home, Emilie took a quick nap and we had a fun BBQ with some of the families on our street. Then it was time to put the costumes back on and let the kids hit the pavement.
Nathan and Julie came over with Justin and we all went out trick-or-treating.
The babies only stayed out for a little while, then I went out a little longer with Isaac because he just wasn't done. He just about wore me out, but towards the end, he wanted to take a little break. After that, I knew it was time to go home and put that boy to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HOW FUN! I have always wanted to go there. You are looking SO GOOD!!!
Happy Halloween - looks like you all had fun!
Well we're glad your ward cancelled your trunk-or-treat so you could come to ours so we could see you and your adorable kiddies. I loved Jarom's "costume" too. :)
OH! Not only are your kids costumes so good, so is yours! How fun. You really look so good Cloey!
Post a Comment