I know that I am more than two weeks late with these pictures, but I just couldn't get by without sharing a few highlights from Isaac's 5th birthday celebrations!
On his birthday morning, he was so excited to open his presents, but I was a mean mom and made him eat his breakfast first. When asked what he'd like for his birthday breakfast (thinking he would choose eggs, pancakes, or something more fancy), he just chose cold cereal. Funny kid! At least it made my morning easier! Once that was out of the way, he ripped open his truck:

And his little mp3 player. For a few months now, he's been begging for an iPod and a real cell phone. ??!?!? Isn't he a bit young for demands like that? But I found a killer deal on this little Spongebob player and caved in. No cell phone yet though, not for many, many years. Sorry kiddo.

The next day was his army birthday party. When the "troops" arrived, we passed out dog tags and instructed them how to be good soldiers by repeating "Sir, yes sir!" when they were asked o do something.

That was followed by a rousing rendition of "Drill Sargent Says,"

And an obstacle course where they had to climb over a mountain, under thick brush, and scale a narrow bridge. The troops were admirable in their physical endurance and skill.

The final activity was to make paper airplanes and see who could throw theirs the farthest.

Army cakes. Some of the figurines were so comically posed, but the kids didn't seem to mind. They just wanted to devour cake.

The funniest part of the whole party was when it was time to blow out the candles and is big moment was hijacked:
I wish I would have recorded more of it, but I had to hurry and relight the candles so we could try it again!
And of course, the highlight for Isaac, lots of great, new toys!

I can hardly believe my big boy, who started out so tiny, is now a big 5-year-old! I am so proud of him, he's such a smart, bright, and funny little kid!
1 comment:
Ha ha! That candle situation was hilarious!
Post a Comment