Saturday, April 17, 2010

More about Isaac

April has been a very busy and eventful month for Isaac! Not only did he turn five, but he got his kindergarten vaccines (that really did not go well) and had a dental appliance put in to help him stop sucking his thumb. His S's sound a bit funny now, but he doesn't seem to mind it. He'll keep it in for a month or two, until the habit is broken. He's doing so well, he hasn't sucked his thumb since the first day it was put in!Isaac also started his second season of soccer this week. Last year, he really didn't want to participate much and spent most of the games on the sidelines, but so far he seems much more engaged and excited to play! Here's his big pose after practice. And seeing that, I realize how small his last-summer's t-shirts are! Time to get that boy some new summer clothes.This is from his game this morning. He actually wanted to be out on the field and would run around! He even kicked the ball a few times, I'm so proud of him! His team tied the game at 3-3, what a great outcome! Way to go Sharks!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

He is just such a cute kid! I really hope we can catch up while I'm there in a few weeks.

Dahlee J said...

It's cool reading about your lives. Wanted to ask you: are you pregnant? If you are, congratulations! That is awesome news. We are 13 weeks along and the due date is Nov 3rd.

Leslie said...

Ok so where was the big fb announcement with Hatch baby, you know I rely on these things! At any rate I'm assuming congrats on a new little one, this is great news!! I hope you are feeling well and taking it easy. :)
and the thumb sucking, we are struggling with that as well. We have tried a few things and I'm thinking at the 5 year visit I'll have to ask the doctor about more drastic measures! My mom thinks it's ruining the kids' speech/teeth. Yikes! I'm glad to hear the habit is kicked thus far...
I can't believe these kiddos are 5! So fun to hear Isaac's gaining confidence in soccer, I really think it takes them a couple of seasons! Keep up the great work! ....And we have got some catching up to do!