My dear friend Cami has been trying to convince me not to find out baby's gender until delivery, and for a few weeks I really considered it. The thrill of finding out at delivery sounds exciting and fun! But on the other hand, I like to have things planned out and ready to go.So when we went in for the ultrasound yesterday, I was a tiny bit hesitant when the tech asked if we wanted to see the baby's gender. I asked her to just show us the image and let us guess whether it was a he or a she. When it got to that point, she got a decent view, and it was pretty unmistakable - we're having a girl! My mom was there with us and Isaac and Emilie were in the room too so we could all celebrate the good news together!
Isaac was kind of sad that it wasn't a boy. This morning, he asked me when he's going to get a little brother. All along, he's been telling everyone that he's getting a little brother, and hearing his conviction, I kind of believed him. I figured he knew something that I didn't, since kids are often right when it comes to things like this.
We got some great ultrasound pictures, and when we get them scanned, I'll them too. From her profile shot, she looks a lot like Emilie. I have a feeling these little girls are going to be pretty good friends!
Since I was getting the boy vibe too, I really haven't thought a whole lot about girl names yet! I had a whole list of boy names ready to go, but now we need to start from scratch. Any suggestions on what to name sweet little baby girl Hatch?
3 comments:
I'm so happy for you! I thought you'd be having a girl! It's wonderful that there will be 2 girls born into our family this year and they'll have one another to play with during each of the Sugden family gatherings.
We're thrilled to be getting another beautiful little girl! I'd love to see the ultra sound pics. The other night I dreamed her name was Molly. I don't know where that came from! I better start thinking about another quilt!
I can't think of any girl names off the top of my head, but I do really like Cynthia's suggestion of "Molly". It would be cute to spell it "Mollie" and then it would kinda match with Emilie. Just a thought.
Do you have any names that you are kinda leaning towards?
I'm sure whatever name you choose will be perfect for her.
Post a Comment