The other big sewing project I have on my to-do list for Baby is this car seat canopy. I made a trial one for my friend Sara's little boy and it turned out so cute! I am now on the hunt for some fabric to make one for me. I saw some to-die-for fabric at a quilt shop on Friday, but couldn't bring myself to pay $10 a yard, especially when I need two yards. I'm just too cheap these days, so the hunt goes on. I know I can find something just as cute for much less, I just need to be on the look-out.
Monday, September 6, 2010
Baby denim skirt
With it being Labor Day, I didn't have to work (yipee!) which meant I actually had shred of free time! I saw this adorable tutorial by Homemade by Jill and knew that I just had to make one for the baby. I had a pair of Jarom's old jeans that I've been holding on to with the idea in mind to some day make a denim quilt, but I think this was a much more worthy cause.
The whole project took about an hour and it turned out so cute, I just can't wait for this little girl to get here so she can start wearing it! I've made some preliminary measurements to make one for Emilie too, since she's all about wearing skirts and dressing up. I'm going to have me an adorable pair of girls!
The other big sewing project I have on my to-do list for Baby is this car seat canopy. I made a trial one for my friend Sara's little boy and it turned out so cute! I am now on the hunt for some fabric to make one for me. I saw some to-die-for fabric at a quilt shop on Friday, but couldn't bring myself to pay $10 a yard, especially when I need two yards. I'm just too cheap these days, so the hunt goes on. I know I can find something just as cute for much less, I just need to be on the look-out.
The other big sewing project I have on my to-do list for Baby is this car seat canopy. I made a trial one for my friend Sara's little boy and it turned out so cute! I am now on the hunt for some fabric to make one for me. I saw some to-die-for fabric at a quilt shop on Friday, but couldn't bring myself to pay $10 a yard, especially when I need two yards. I'm just too cheap these days, so the hunt goes on. I know I can find something just as cute for much less, I just need to be on the look-out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a cute skirt!
I have a car seat canopy I made and I love it. It was perfect for a winter baby.
Sooo adorable! I wish I was so crafty and could make Melia clothes or car seat canopies or ANYTHING! :)
Super cute skirt Cloey!
Post a Comment