I love fall, it has to be my favorite season of the year! I have so many fun things to look forward to - my birthday, our wedding anniversary, Halloween and Thanksgiving, the beautiful colors of fall, and this year especially, the birth of our little girl! I've been really looking forward to cooler temperatures, it's been so unseasonably warm, but hopefully it will start to cool down in the next few days. All that being said, I've started pulling out a few fall decorations and have quickly realized that I have a lot to learn about decorating for the holidays! So I am making a conscious effort to change that and make my home more reflective of the seasons.
My first goal is to redo the wall that's on the right side as you enter my house. It's a pretty big wall with nothing going on, so I started out my little wall make-over with a big shelf. After I put that up, I realized I didn't have much to put up on it, but after a little digging and a really fun craft night on Thursday, here is what I have come up with:

I have one more darling little picture that will be going up in the middle of the shelf hopefully next weekend. Here's a close-up of the little count-down calendar I made:

I found the little pumpkins and the garland at Walmart. I'm quite pleased with how it's coming together and am already thinking ahead to Christmas!
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the rest of the wall....
No comments:
Post a Comment