Saturday, October 2, 2010

California Dreaming

The California trip that we were initially going to try to take in the spring that was postponed thanks to morning sickness was finally realized a few weeks ago! My darling friend Chelsea let us stay with her at her parents' amazing home, and we had a great balance of fun stuff, visiting family, and relaxing! Here are some of the highlights:

Disneyland:
Waiting in line at the Nemo sub ride. This was our longest wait time, maybe 15-20 minutes. We went on a good day, the lines moved quickly and we were able to go on most of the rides we wanted.Isaac loved watching Captain E-O and kept trying to grab the 3D images. At the end, he was standing in front of his seat dancing around like MJ, it was pretty darn cute! Emilie on Small World. She was a bit hesitant at first, as is her nature, but it ended up being one of her favorite rides! We even went on it twice!Meeting Minnie Mouse. Isaac was so excited to see her, he gave her a kiss. On the lips. Yeah. And of course, the big guy. I think he kind of scared Emilie a little bit, but Isaac thought it was pretty cool.Then of course, we had fun on other days too, like swimming in the jacuzzi:
Getting chased by the waves:
Dining on the pier at Ruby's:
Very yummy burgers and shakes!
Overlooking the ocean. Some people said they saw dolphins, but I couldn't see any. Lots of surfers and sailboats though! Atlantis Park in Garden Grove, what a darling park! Isaac on the giant sea dragon slide:
Emilie rocking on a sea horse:
Giant sea star:
And this last one is probably my favorite picture from the trip. I had set the timer on my camera so we could get a picture of all of us together. We tried a few times to get everyone looking forward at the same time but with humorous results. Then I viewed this image and thought it looked pretty good, so we left that little play pod and went on to play elsewhere. Later that day, I looked at the picture more closely and realized that what I thought was a great family picture is really just funny!Isaac has scary arms - I guess he kept trying to put his hands up and Jarom kept pushing them back down, so of course Jarom looks frustrated Emilie is covering her mouth. I'm smiling though! So even though it's not the perfect picture I thought I took, I still love it.

I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of the kids with Grandma and the other family members we visited, especially Brett who just returned from his mission to South Africa! Oh well, just more reason to go down again for another visit. Just not when I'm 29 weeks pregnant next time.

No comments: