Saturday, October 16, 2010

Piano Recital

For the last year or so I've been teaching piano lessons and it has been such an amazing experience for me to share my love of music with some of the children in my neighborhood. Last weekend I held my first piano recital with my students and they did so well! Most of them had never taken any formal music class before, so to see them start with very little and be able to perform a couple pieces, most of them from memory, was very gratifying! Granted, some of them made a mistake or two, but I still make mistakes all the time and it's part of being a musician and performing to be able to make mistakes and learn to just keep going.Here I am with my adorable group of students. I held the recital at the Piano Gallery in Orem and they have a beautiful, full-sized Yamaha grand that they were able to play on. I think the kids really enjoyed playing on a nice stage with an amazing instrument like that!

Starting in November I'm going to take my maternity leave from teaching and will start back up again in January. I think we will all enjoy a little break from the rigors of piano lessons and enjoy the holiday season.

1 comment:

Susie Chadwick said...

Congrats on the recital. And look at how great you look!