When life gets busy, blogging takes a back seat. But since I have some free time tonight, I thought I'd share a few pics and memories from our Christmas festivities.
The day before Christmas Eve, my poor sister's family came down with strep throats and ear infections and were not doing well, so instead of having our annual Sugden party at her house as planned, we changed the venue to our house instead. So all Christmas Eve day, Jarom and I were frantically racing around the house getting everything cleaned and vacuumed and ready for the big party! Luckily we were able to pull everything together and had a great evening! We missed the Eldredge clan, and the Georgia Sugdens, but at least I was able to visit with Michele and a few of her well girls before the party, and Jarom was able to get a Skype call with going with John and Katie and sweet little Hannah so we could talk with them and open a few presents together.

Emilie made a new best friend during dinner. She talked incessantly with her cousin Ben. She shared her food with him and thought he was just wonderful.

More cute cousins eating dinner.

Without the Eldredge kids, we had more roles to fill in our Nativity reading, so the adults helped out too.


Chris helped me work on my up, down, up, POSE! Ok, so I'm not ready for my photo shoot yet, but it was still fun. Chris has his look down to a science.

In the morning, the kids had so much fun opening their presents. Isaac could hardly contain his excitement and woke up at 6:30am ready to go, but we made him stay in bed (our bed) until Emilie woke up a half hour later. He loves his new scooter and his trucks, transformers, and Wii games.

Emilie caught on pretty quickly to the presents and had fun slooooowly opening her gifts. She got an Elmo, some doll equipment (stroller, crib, etc), and a doggie and a doll.

She made sure to take Elmo on lots and lots of stroller rides!

Around lunch time, Grandma and Grandpa Hatch and Ammon came over to visit for a little bit and brought some presents for everyone. Isaac loves his new Rocky truck so much, it's pretty much his new best friend.

The next day we headed out to Stansbury Park for the Hatch family Christmas party. We got there a little early and I was able to help Cindi in the kitchen a little bit. I always love cooking with her and miss not being able to do that more often. We had a very delicious dinner then exchanged gifts. Ammon got this fabulous little number from Jarom (that I made!):

I guess anyone who is a Firefly fan will recognize this as the Jayne hat. I'm rather clueless, but it was a fun challenge to make it. I learned how to knit using circular needles and double needles, so that was cool. Ammon liked it and Emilie thought he looked pretty darn handsome. She stuck by his side most of the day, I think she has a new favorite uncle!
Here's the Hatch crew, minus Michael who had to leave before we snatched this pic:

All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment