Sunday, May 2, 2010

1st and 10

I've seen a few blog posts lately where people post the 10th picture in their 1st picture folder, but this post has nothing to do with that, nor football either. Instead, it has everything to do with the little ticker on the side, the one that shows I am in my 1st trimester, 10th week. In addition to the usual craziness going on around the Hatch household, we can also add a pregnancy to the mix! I knew as soon as I had Emilie that I needed to have another baby soon, and even though I had hoped that it would happen much sooner (we've been trying for almost a year now), we're just thrilled and excited to have another chance at this whole baby thing.

Being a seasoned pregnant woman, I thought I knew what to expect this time around, but so far it's been a much rougher start than my other pregnancies have been. The morning sickness started almost immediately and continues to increase in severity, and my fatigue is almost overpowering most days. Luckily Jarom comes home from work in the afternoon so I can usually rest for an hour or so. As a busy mom who has no time for naps, it's been very frustrating, but I'm trying to be positive and just be grateful for the miracle that has been handed to us, and I take this sickness as a sign that hopefully everything is going well and baby is doing fine.

Isaac is entirely confident that he will be getting a baby brother in a few months and won't even entertain the thought that it would be another sister. Emilie doesn't really understand what's going on, but I think she'll be a great second mother when Junior comes around since she is often toting her little baby dolls around the house making sure they have plenty of blankets.

I'm still struggling with finding a doctor. With my other pregnancies, I saw the specialists up at the U of U's Maternal Fetal Medicine, but being in Utah County now, I had hoped to find a doctor closer to home that could still deliver at the U (I'm a bit partial to that hospital). I found one in Sandy, but with my risk factors, he wants me to also consult with the high risks docs still. Of course the doctor I had before (AND LOVED) is no longer at the U and I am faced again with finding another one, and I still am not sure what I am going to do. I'm getting close to the point where I need to make some decisions about cerclages and formulating a plan of action, so hopefully things will come together soon. I guess I had hoped that since Emilie's pregnancy had gone so smoothly, I wouldn't need quite so much attention and could actually be treated as a normal pregnant mommy, but evidently I'm still in the "special" category and need to take the extra precautions to make sure that this one has as great of a chance as Emilie did at making it to full term.

Baby's due date is November 28th so far. I'm going in this week for an ultrasound to get a more exact due date and take preliminary measurements, so hopefully I'll also get some little pictures of this little peanut to share later in the week.

11 comments:

Sally Williams said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting!!! So happy for you!

Ioana said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's awesome! I hope you'll find a good doctor soon!

Joe*Nikki said...

That's why you have beeb at WW!! I have missed you! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so HAPPY for you!!

Joe*Nikki said...

I ment haven't been at ww. sorry!

Susie Chadwick said...

congrats!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am happy for ya:) you are such a good mom that i'm glad you get to be a mommy to 3 soon! Lucky baby:)

Keva said...

Congrats CLoey!!! Way happy for ya. We really loved our Dr Judd is Provo, but with your criteria I hope you find someone. I love having three. You look so wonderful!!!

Brooke said...

Yeah congrats!!! That is great news. And I was always told the sicker the better! I have been sick with all 3 and have had very healthy babies! Good Luck and hope you get feeling better soon!

Leslie said...

(Ok glad I wasn't imagining things..)
Congrats Cloey! I have been thinking about you all day. I can SO relate to that degree of morning sickness...I think this was my worst so far and first time hospitalized for it! For a few weeks I could not imagine a day without nausea, though as you know once it's gone you look at your life with new eyes!
Good luck with finding a specialist! I don't blame you for being partial to the U--I have yet to meet a more caring bunch. It is reassuring things went so smoothly with Emilie and it sounds like you can expect the best with this pregnancy too. I know you have been baby hungry practically ever since (an 8+ lb. baby grows up a HECK of a lot faster!) and I'm so excited to see these kiddo's with another sibling! Definitely keep us updated in the meantime! :)

Kathryn S. said...

Claudine, we're just so happy for you!

David and Taryn said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations! I hope you start feeling better soon.