Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New arrival!

Just one short week ago, our sweet little Audrey Marie was born! I had an induction scheduled for this Monday, but I guess she had plans of her own. Tuesday night, I felt contractions getting pretty regular, so around 7pm I started timing them. Unlike other times, after a couple hours they didn't let up, so at 9pm we made some phone calls to get the kiddos watched and Jarom and I headed up to the hospital. On our way up, we joked that any time, the contractions will just end - likely as we pulled up to the hospital! But they kept being steady and shortly after checking into the hospital, we were admitted into labor and delivery and the end of our journey was underway!

We labored throughout the night and into the morning, but progress stalled, so they added pitocin into the mix, and after a few hours of that, no progress was made, so we went ahead with a c-section. At 11:09 am, sweet Audrey was born and was 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 3/4 inches long. I had a feeling that she would have darker hair like Isaac had, and sure enough, she had a full head of beautiful, dark hair. Here is one of the first pics of us in the operating room while they were stitching me up.
Back into the recovery room. After 15 hours of labor and surgery, I was one tired mama! Isaac and Emilie were so excited to meet their new little sister! Isaac had to wear a face mask because he's been coughing a lot, and Emilie has a nice little eczema rash on her mouth, poor girl! Audrey wasn't quite sure what to think of these big siblings loving on her!
A very awake little Audrey with her best friend, the binkie.
On our way home. Isaac is wearing his Big Brother shirt, Emilie has a Big Sister shirt, and Audrey has the Little Sister shirt. This was mostly for my sake, the kids didn't find it nearly as exciting as I did - but isn't that usually the case?

7 comments:

Ioana said...

Oh, I've been waiting for this post!!:) Felicitari!!!!!!!!!!! She is so beautiful and cute!!!!! And I LOVE her name! And you look great, Cloey! Even after such a long labor and surgery, you look just beautiful and radiant! Congrats again!

Jennifer Hatch said...

Aw... so cute! Audrey is such a sweet little well-behaved baby! Glad I finally got to meet her yesterday. :)

M+H said...

SOOO cute, congratulations. I bought Melia a "little sister" shirt and thought Spencer would love it. He wasn't all that thrilled, but I still think it's cute. :) She's a doll.

Annie Hawkins said...

You really look great after surgery; I was so swollen that it was not wven funny. LOL She is so beautiful!!! Felicitari!!!

Eva said...

Congrats Cloey! What a cute little doll.

Unknown said...

Darling! Can't wait to meet her!

rosy said...

Congrats you guys. She is beautiful. Good job mamma.