Audrey had her two week check-up today and did great! She was 8 lbs. 2 oz. at birth, and in the hospital had dropped to 7 lbs. 6 oz. She went to the doctor at 5 days old and was up to 7 lbs. 13 oz. When we went in today, they wanted to see her at least back up to her birth weight, but this little girl has been busy - she weighed in at 8 lbs. 14 oz.! She gained a whole pound this last week! She also grew an inch, wow! I'm so proud of my gorgeous little girl!
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Getting along
Any time a new baby is born, the family dynamics change to accommodate the new member. I remember when Isaac came home and how much Gabby (the cat) investigated the new noisy little one. When Emilie was born, I worried how Isaac would handle not being the only child any more, and we had our fair share of tantrums and episodes. I was likewise concerned about how both kids would react to Audrey, especially once we brought her home from the hospital. I worried about Emilie the most, since she's very tender-hearted and emotional about "her" things, but the transition so far has been much better than I anticipated! In fact, the kids seem to crowd around Audrey almost too much! Here they are playing with her on the bed:
Isaac holding her on the couch. He always asks to hold her. The other day, he actually took her out of her bassinet and took her to Jarom because she was crying. I'm just glad that I didn't see it happen! He just loves to help take care of his baby sister.
Emilie has taken upon herself the role of second mother. She gets upset if she doesn't hold the baby at least once a day. She loves to help replace fallen pacifiers (although her insertion methods could still use some improvement). When Audrey cries, she sometimes sings to her to help soothe her. And of course, what baby forehead is complete without its daily bathing in toddler kisses?
I'm so glad she loves her new baby sister!
But on the off moment when she doesn't have big brother and sister around to help mother, she always has this trusty friend for comfort:
I think all our kids are destined to be thumb suckers. Granted,she hasn't really found her thumb since yesterday, but it's probably just a sign of what's to come.
Audrey had her two week check-up today and did great! She was 8 lbs. 2 oz. at birth, and in the hospital had dropped to 7 lbs. 6 oz. She went to the doctor at 5 days old and was up to 7 lbs. 13 oz. When we went in today, they wanted to see her at least back up to her birth weight, but this little girl has been busy - she weighed in at 8 lbs. 14 oz.! She gained a whole pound this last week! She also grew an inch, wow! I'm so proud of my gorgeous little girl!
Audrey had her two week check-up today and did great! She was 8 lbs. 2 oz. at birth, and in the hospital had dropped to 7 lbs. 6 oz. She went to the doctor at 5 days old and was up to 7 lbs. 13 oz. When we went in today, they wanted to see her at least back up to her birth weight, but this little girl has been busy - she weighed in at 8 lbs. 14 oz.! She gained a whole pound this last week! She also grew an inch, wow! I'm so proud of my gorgeous little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She is such a doll! Soooo cute! And your extra little helpers are just adorable! Such a beautiful family!
She is adorable! I'm glad to hear the other two kiddies are handling everything well. :)
oh my goodness, what a cuteness!!!! I am curious to see how my kids will react to a little baby.
Your kids are beautiful! It is so fun to see them and how big they are! Congrats on your newest! She is a doll! I love the name Audrey. I hope you are feeling well and that you are all doing well! By the way, I need your address...Christmas cards. You can message it to me on facebook or email it to me. Which ever is easier for you. By the way, this is Rachel, your cousin...in case you were wondering. (Jan and Cordell's daughter)
Post a Comment