Saturday, November 17, 2007

The first entry

I suppose that it's about time to start our own Blog since it seems like everyone else is doing it, and goodness knows, we don't want to be left behind! :) So here we go, embarking on another exciting chapter in our family history, so we might as well document the highs and lows!

As of today, I am 15 1/2 weeks along in my pregnancy and it seems like things are continuing to do well. I had a cerclage placed a week ago Monday (not the funnest experience), and I'm still feeling pretty sore, but most days I'm able to get around well enough. My next doctors appointment is on Monday and we should have a better idea of Baby is a boy or girl! We have a little bit of an idea since they did a quick ultrasound after the cerclage and thought they could tell, but it was still pretty early. We'll make the big announcement (assuming we are able to get more confirmation) on Thanksgiving.

Isaac is still the best little boy a momma could ever ask for. The other night, though, he started having a really barking cough, so we took him to the doctor in the morning and found out he has croup! He seems to do ok during the day and sleeps well enough at night, so I know that it could be a lot worse, but he doesn't seem to have it too bad. Still, whenever he starts coughing, my heart just breaks to see his little body going through that. He's wearing his Thomas pj's this morning and things that Thomas is great! He says "Hello, Thomas!" just like the narrator on the show. He knows all the engines by name (I know their names but can't tell them apart!) and is fascinated any time he sees a train out his window. He loves everything that moves, especially trucks too! He loves to point out semi-trucks, semi-trailers, garbage trucks, cleaning trucks, money trucks (armored vehicles), delivery trucks, you name it! He only needs to see a type of truck once and he remembers what it's for.

I'll have to spend more time later talking my little boy, he really is the center of my world and I don't know if I could be any more crazy about him. One more quick thing, though. Isaac was still saying "Happy Weeeeen!" since he thought Halloween was the greatest holiday EVER, so we've been working on saying "Happy Thanks (pause) Giving!" and he enjoys saying that too! He gets very excited seeing Christmas lights that are already up, so I think he's going to really enjoy the upcoming holiday celebrations now that he understands things a little bit better than last year.

5 comments:

Annakaisa said...

I was SO excited to see that you have started your own blog!! Yay1 Welcome to the blogger group. :) And sorry to hear that Isaac had the croup. Emma had it too a month ago, and now she's been sick again. Well... I can't wait to read more of your blog in the future. :)

Leslie said...

Yeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh for blogging! I hope you find it as addictive as we do- it's a great way to keep everyone updated! Plus it's great to share all those little stories we tend to forget as days go by. I'm glad to hear you and baby are well and Isaac is continuing to charm us all with cute learning moments. I can't wait to hear what you're having!! I will check up on you often for sure. :) We are still at barlowing.com so feel free to add us to the links! Love you guys!!

mindi said...

Isaac really is such a cute little guy! Kaleb and I both love hanging out with you two. Well, I'm real excited too that you have a blog. I look forward to reading it some more!

Brea Eskelsen said...

It so fun to hear from you. We just got our blog set up also. It is so fun. I am sorry that Isaac had croup. Ty just got over it. It must be going around. I do have some fun books you might want to read. I will e-mail them to you.

Unknown said...

We are glad to see you are following the masses with your own blog spot - we added you to our list.
Hearing about Isaac loving trucks reminds me about how crazy Ben was about trucks - he knew all their names too and we used to go visit construction sites to watch them in action!!
Camie and Steve