Friday, November 30, 2007

Seeing the Lights!

The weather was pretty decent this morning and early afternoon, then while Isaac was napping, the rain started falling. And falling. By dinner time, I was worried that we wouldn't be able to take a trip downtown to see the lights, but I looked out my window to the north and it didn't seem like the weather was too bad, so we dug out our warmest winter clothes and went to see the Lights! As it turned out, it wasn't all that cold and the rain stayed away the entire time we were gone, yeah!

I didn't want to worry about finding parking and having to do more walking than necessary, we hopped on TRAX to go downtown. Isaac loved looking out the window and seeing everything pass by! By the time we got to our stop, I think he was ready to get off the train, but over all, the ride was very pleasant.

We went with our friends Les and Mindi andd their little boy Kaleb. The little boys liked seeing all the pictures of Jesus and we all appreciated getting warm inside the visitors center. It's always cute seeing all the sister missionaries walking around. A cute sister from Africa showed a cool little video about a 90 year old blind woman who made thousands of quilts (while blind!) to donate to the humanitarian center. Wow!

Isaac loved being able to walk right up to the temple doors. He marched up the stairs and started knocking! He and Kaleb had fun posing for portraits. Isaac gets so excited when he sees pictures of temples and he loves seeing them from the car, but I think it was really neat for him to be able to actually walk up and touch the temple and feel the smooth walls. He talked about seeing the temple the whole night!

I think Isaac's favorite part about seeing the lights this year was seeing the water fountains and the reflection pool. He loved seeing the lights floating in the water and wanted so badly to play in the water. I kept having to remind him that the water is coooooold!

1 comment:

mindi said...

It was super fun! I'm glad we all went! I'll have to post this on my blog soon too (as soon as Les uploads the pictures!)Anyways, it's always so fun hanging out with you guys!