Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm crafty!

My crafting needs have been put on the back burner lately (I can't imagine why!) and I've been feeling so out of touch with my inner crafty self, so tonight I had a few spare moments and all the necessary ingredients to make a hooded towel for Emilie, and here's how it turned out!

This is the little hood part. The instruction said to use a hand towel, but when I bought the towel stuff, I grabbed a wash cloth instead because I couldn't remember, so the hood part is a little small. But since Emilie is still small, it's really not that big of a problem. :)
Both the hood and the body of the towel have these cute pleats in them. The picture doesn't really do the towel justice, but it gives you a good idea how it turned out. I'll put a link to the instructions soon in case anyone else wants to make some cute little hooded towels. It was such a fast project, less than a half hour from start to finish. So easy!!! The directions to make the hooded towel are at Skip to my Lou.
The only way I was able to get this done was for Emilie to stay asleep, which she gladly did! I was sure the whirring of the sewing machine would wake her up, but it didn't. I guess if she can sleep through Isaac, she can probably sleep through just about anything. She really likes her swing and usually falls asleep after a few minutes of swinging.

1 comment:

Annakaisa said...

Cute towel! One of my friends made Emma one just like that, when she was born. It was our favorite towel, until Emma grew too big for it.