Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another contest entry

So I've entered another contest, this time for a $500 grocery give away from Prego at 5 Minutes for Mom, so I have the arduous task of selecting my favorite picture involving food and family in some way. I looked through my pics, and realized that Isaac has gotten pretty darn messy with food in the last 3 years. I found my all time favorite picture - him last year after trick-or-treating. Ok, candy isn't QUITE food, but it was so darn cute, I still laugh about it. He was so excited to get candy, yet he was so tired from not getting a nap, so he fell asleep with the sucker in his mouth. And yes, he does have red goo dripping out of his mouth.
The rest of these pics aren't for the contest, but I thought I would share them for the benefit of everyone else who looks at my blog and wants to see Isaac at his messy finest! Here he is with his best buddy Kaleb on the 4th of July this year chowing down on some hotdogs, good times. This one is from last summer, also with Kaleb (wow, these boys have sure grown!). I made some homemade ice cream that day, and it hadn't set up completely hard so it was still pretty soft, but I made a cone for Isaac anyway and just let him have fun. And since it was white, I didn't worry quite as much about him staining his shirt. He had a good time.
Isaac's 2nd birthday. At one point, the cake was a little bear that took me quite a while to decorate, but only took him seconds to demolish. And yes, choosing a strawberry-flavored cake does resemble the fleshy carcass of a devoured beast, but I hadn't anticipated so much destruction when arbitrarily selecting which cake mix to use. And yes, he was getting ready to hurl the cake across the room, but seconds later, I used my super-mom senses to put the cake down and divert his attention else where.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Isaac as a baby when he was still pretty new to solids and feeding himself. He would make such a mess - not only on his tray, but on his face, his hands, on the floor in a 10 foot radius around the high chair. Now, at least, when he makes his messes, it's contained to a 3 foot radius usually, and doesn't require as HasMat team to assist with the clean up. Don't you love the noodle dangling precariously from his mouth?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the lollipop photo! That's priceless! AND it proves that kids won't necessarily be unable to sleep if given too much candy. :)