Last Sunday, we woke up to a fair amount of snow outside! And besides the usual giddiness that ensues, a mild shrieking was heard from Isaac as he proudly proclaimed "It's Christmas!" And here's why - we, being amateur parents, made the mistake of getting one of Isaac's Christmas presents while he was with us, trying to hide it in the cart, but he still saw it anyway. We told him it was for Christmas and he couldn't have it until then. So for weeks now, maybe months, I don't remember when we got it, he has been trying to convince me that it was Christmas, and so I told him that Christmas won't come until after it snows. So there you go, it was Christmas. And no, he didn't get his present and still has to wait.
Friday, October 17, 2008
What's been going on
I need to do better about pulling pics off my camera and posting. But enough complaining, here are some pics of what's been going on around here!
Last Sunday, we woke up to a fair amount of snow outside! And besides the usual giddiness that ensues, a mild shrieking was heard from Isaac as he proudly proclaimed "It's Christmas!" And here's why - we, being amateur parents, made the mistake of getting one of Isaac's Christmas presents while he was with us, trying to hide it in the cart, but he still saw it anyway. We told him it was for Christmas and he couldn't have it until then. So for weeks now, maybe months, I don't remember when we got it, he has been trying to convince me that it was Christmas, and so I told him that Christmas won't come until after it snows. So there you go, it was Christmas. And no, he didn't get his present and still has to wait.
Emilie is gradually becoming a little roley-poley. Some days, she loves to roll and can cover great distances, then I think she tires of it and won't roll for a couple days. I've been trying to give her more time on the floor to explore and practice moving around, but often, she'll just stay put and play with whatever she can find, even if it's Isaac's finger.
We had a great shower planned for my soon-to-be sister-in-law Katie, but we had one huge problem - only my mom (and dad) and I showed up. Yeah, talk about a great way to make someone feel welcome into the family. I'm still fuming and eternally embarrased. I made Dad and Jarom sit around the table so that we could play our one game (dang it!) and not feel like total losers.
Sorry this one is sideways, but it was so cute I had to share. Emilie is really starting to love bath time and splashes around so much! She makes such a mess each time, and I really need to wash the mirror (put that on my to-do list). What a cute little baby girl. Oh, the funniest part about her bath time is that she spends most of the time grinning at herself in the mirror! She loves herself! And before we took this picture, she was reaching over to touch the darling baby in the mirror.
Attempting to wake Daddy up, but instead of ganging up on dad, Emilie was attacking Isaac. She adores her big brother and tries to grab at him. And since her fingers are usually covered in cold slobber, he doens't care for her attention too much. Can't say I blame him.
Last Sunday, we woke up to a fair amount of snow outside! And besides the usual giddiness that ensues, a mild shrieking was heard from Isaac as he proudly proclaimed "It's Christmas!" And here's why - we, being amateur parents, made the mistake of getting one of Isaac's Christmas presents while he was with us, trying to hide it in the cart, but he still saw it anyway. We told him it was for Christmas and he couldn't have it until then. So for weeks now, maybe months, I don't remember when we got it, he has been trying to convince me that it was Christmas, and so I told him that Christmas won't come until after it snows. So there you go, it was Christmas. And no, he didn't get his present and still has to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chan also woke up on Sunday last and declared that it's Christmas... Gotta love little boys!
Post a Comment