Monday, December 3, 2007

It's a girl!

After my cerclage, the doctor did a quick look at the baby with the ultrasound they have on the unit, and at that time, the doctor said that it looked like we were having a boy! She also said that it was still a little early to tell and both genders look quite similar, but that was her guess.

So for the last month, we've been thinking about boy names, making boy plans, all kinds of things thinking we were going to have a boy, then when they took a look today, Baby turned out to be a girl! Jarom and I were both pretty surprised and excited by the change in events!

We had a really good visit today. So far things look really good. Baby is growing right on schedule, her organs and body parts all look good. My cervix is amazingly still holding together well, so for at least two more weeks I will not likely need to be down on bedrest. We're in better shape than we were at this time with Isaac's pregnancy, so that is very encouraging.

There's our good news for today, thanks everyone for voting! It looks like the majority of all y'all were right! :)

7 comments:

mindi said...

Hip, hip, hooray! I'm so excited for you guys!!!
Congrats again!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh, I was totally right! Congratulations, you guys! Girls are so much fun (though of course we are totally biased)!! Claudine, I'm so glad to hear about the bed rest, lack thereof actually. I can't tell you what a relief that is to hear that you are already in such good shape! Nice work! We will continue to hope for the best.n :)

Ammon said...

Cool.

Annakaisa said...

Oh that is SOOOOO wonderful!!!!
I am so happy for you! Congratualtions! :)

Erin Weed said...

I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

suzanne said...

Oh my goodness....how time flies! I can't believe how big Issac is....I am so excited for you to be able to have one of each...although I think you wouldn't mind either way:) Congrats and good luck....I hope not to see you in the unit again:) But if for some reason we are to meet up again I would love to be there to help...lets just hope the cerc holds strong....good luck with the shots too....what a trooper the things you go through to get your blessings...keep me posted

Brea Eskelsen said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for your guys. I thought you might be having a girl. I am so glad things are still progressing well.