Sunday, April 5, 2009
More catch-up
It's hard to believe that the teeny tiny infant we brought home from the hospital is now a big 4 year old! Even though we had his party last Saturday, we still wanted him to have a special day on Wednesday. Jarom took the day off and we took the kids to the Living Planet Aquarium. We've had a family pass there for the last few years and we just love going there.
They have a new South American exhibit with all kinds of really neat animals I had never seen before, like an anaconda and a piranha! Here's my blurry pic of the piranha, in case you had never seen one before either:
Isaac finished up his t-ball session at the end of March. They're starting another one this week that we'll probably let him do again. He likes it and it gets us out of the house and exercising! Here's Isaac's big action shot, running to first base.
And the other cute kids that were in his class:
Yesterday morning was the 5K I agreed to run with my friend Darla. I signed up to run it a month ago, knowing that wouldn't be a lot of time to train, but I thought I would give it a try anyway. When I woke up yesterday morning, there were about 2 inches of snow everywhere and I considered just going back to bed, but I figured I was pretty crazy to even try to run, I might as well just put on an extra layer of clothes and make the best of it. And by the time we got to Provo, there was hardly any snow around, just a few flakes in the air. I wasn't able to run the entire course, I walked for part of it, and my time was pretty bad, but I did my best! I ran a 5K a few years ago and did a lot better, but considering that I'm just starting to run again, I'm not discouraged. I'm going to keep running and try to improve my endurance and time over the summer. I'm now going to shoot for a 10K run with my brother in July.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good job for even getting out of bed, i would have just rolled over and fallen back to sleep! Hope you do well at the one in July! I'm actually going to try and run a half marathon in St. George in January of 2010. So i've luckliy got lots of time to train, especially since i'm not a big runner.
You still do way better than I would! Congrats for going there and finishing it. That's huge! I'm sure you'll do even better on the one in July.
I congratulate you on your efforts no matter the time. I never would have signed up for such a thing with only a month notice!
GOOD mindset! I've got to start exercising again too. I am SO out of shape that yesterday I was speed walking to the car from my class and what happened? Well, I'm pretty good at a speed walk if I want to be, and this morning I woke up with little teeny shin splints just from a walk!!!!!!
Well done Claudine for running the 5K!!
I would love to have you babysit Chief sometime. He does well with kids but I'd wanna get him together with your kids before you actually committed to it just in case. :) I'm just afriad he'd knock down your baby and she wouldn't appreciate it. :) So I'd love to give it a try sometime though. Let me know if that'd work for you. My number is (801)898-4677. Thanks!
Post a Comment