Monday, April 20, 2009

Some relief

I feel like such a complainer lately, and I hate complaining, so thanks for putting up with me. Today has been interesting with Emilie. I've only nursed her on the one side that doesn't hurt as bad, and even though she's been feeling a bit short-changed, she's been ok. Then this afternoon I made a discovery, her last top incisor made it's way through and her mood seemed to improve quite a bit. This adorable little girl just doesn't seem to like teething!

As I recall, I went through a similar (but not quite as extreme) scenario with her last time a tooth was coming, and I think she deals with teething pain by chomping down on momma. So I'm hoping that she will be a bit more gentle with me now - at last until some more teeth are ready to come down!

I tried putting her to bed after the lop-sided feeding, but she wouldn't hear of it, so I just braced myself for the pain, but amazingly, it didn't hurt too bad! I've been putting Lansinoh cream on it just about every hour (my tube is nearly half gone!) and I think it's helping. I'm really hoping that she sleeps through the night tonight though and I won't have to do any midnight feedings so that I can have a little more time to heal.

In other news, my cute friend in the ward gave me the speediest hair cut tonight while her husband was grilling their dinner! I think it's going to be super cute, but we didn't waste time styling it tonight, so I'll find out tomorrow morning when I do my hair to see how wonderful of a job she did.

Jarom had a fun day helping with a mock disaster in Orem today. They needed ham radio operaters to assist with their communications, and Jarom was so excited to volunteer! He's very interested in learning as much as he can about ways to assist in emergency situations and becoming an asset to our community and I really admire him for that, even if it means we have to have crazy antennae all over the house.

My parents finally arrived in Georgia today. My brother and his wife moved out there to and needed help getting their moving truck there, so my parents, being incredibly kind, drove the big moving truck through snow storms, hail, wind, rain, and just about any other weather condition not kind to road trips and have finally made it to their destination. I've been playing travel coordinator helping them plan their route, find road closures and detours, update weather conditions, and find hotels. I've been so worried about them these last few days, so I'm very glad that they finally made it to their destination!

2 comments:

Jennifer Hatch said...

Glad to hear things are working out better with the Emilie situation!

Brea Eskelsen said...

Emas first tooth just broke through and I feel your pain. I will have to try the cream. I wanted to let you know that I got the hair clips in the mail. They are so cute!! Things have been crazy around here but I will get a picture off to you as soon as I can. Thanks again!