Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Detour

Jarom called this morning and needed me to bring him something at work, so since we didn't have much planned for this mornng, I loaded up the kids in the van and off we went to Provo. I called my friend Anna and she had some free time, and it had been a while since I had seen her, so after we took Jarom his things, Anna and I took the kids to the Bean Museum at BYU then found a little pond on campus so that Isaac could feed the ducks. (We've had a bag full of stale bread in the car for a few days now hoping to find some ducks to feed since there weren't any at the little pond we went to a few days ago!)

Here are the kids at the Bean Museum. Emilie was "talking" to the animals we walked by, it was so cute!I think the ducks at this pond are pretty spoiled because they didn't seem overly excited to come nibble on their bread, but there were lots of baby ducks and some turtles, so it was still fun to see them!
It was such a fun way to spend a morning, and if Jarom wouldn't have needed our help, we would have probably just stayed home and been bored. After we were done feeding the ducks, Jarom was ready to take his lunch break, so we got some Arby's and had a little picnic lunch on the lawn at Novell.

Yesterday we went back to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point, this time we went with some friends in the neighborhood. Isaac was excited to ride the pony again, and of course he wanted the biggest horse there! He was fearless though and would laugh every time one of the ponies made any sound!They have a display that shows how milk gets from the cow to the dairy, how it's processed and eventually bottled. He thought it was hilarious to milk the cow. I'm so glad that the weather is warming up so we can get out and do stuff more often!

No comments: