Today has been such a nice day for me! Mother's Day in general is a little bittersweet because it reminds me of my little angel baby who first made me a mother but now lives with her Heavenly Mother, it is also an anniversary of a miscarriage I had a few years ago, but it's also great time to reflect on the two amazing little people that call me Mommy. I love being a mom and am so grateful to be a mother. Having children has not been easy for us, but I think my trials in that regard have me appreciate the children I have and hopefully are making me a better mother than I might have been otherwise. I'm just so crazy about my wonderful kiddos, even when they drive me nuts.
We had a wonderful church meeting today. The kids sang in Sacrament meeting, and I would have really enjoyed watching Isaac sing (his first time in Sacrament meeting with the big kids!), but I couldn't since I was the one at the piano. I at least got to hear them sing and enjoy being surrounded by them. Jarom said that Isaac actually did a fair amount of singing too, what a smart boy! Then after Sacrament meeting, they passed out chocolate-dipped strawberries to all the ladies, yum!
Primary was fun, the kids made little cards for their mommies and Isaac's turned out so darling! Then the guys took over for the third hour and all the ladies were able to go to Relief Society. As we entered the room, I was surprised to see a large table set out filled with creme puffs, cookies, strawberries, lemon bars, and poppyseed cakes! We filled our little plates and were then treated to a wonderful lesson. I felt very loved and pampered!
After church, the kids gave me a big box of Belgian chocolates (Isaac insisted I share, of course!) and I was spoiled with lots and lots of hugs and kisses. Jarom also have me a beautiful pearl necklace and I wore it to church today and felt very fancy.
After church, we spent the evening with Jarom's family and had fun watching the little kids play together. Both Emilie and Michaela are getting so close to walking and are both taking a few steps. It's so cute seeing how the interact with each other!
I also wanted to share a few more pictures from Emilie's birthday. On Tuesday I took the kids to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point and both kids LOVED it!
Here's Em on the pony ride. She hated it at first, but got used to it eventually. I had a hard time taking her picture and holding on to her too, but this was the best shot I could get. Isaac's in the background with the orange shirt on.

Emilie was so fascinated with each animal we saw and would have jumped out of her stroller if she wasn't buckled in! I tried to get them to look forward at me, but they just wanted to look at the donkey. (side note, while we were on the pony ride, the donkey started to hee-haw and it was so loud! I had never heard a donkey actually make that sound before!)

Isaac had so much fun feeding the goats! He went around to all of them to make sure they each got a little nibble. One actually ate out of his hand, but I don't think he liked it!

These horses were HUGE! So I just had to take a picture of my little baby girl next to the giant horses.

The kiddoes playing in the little buildings.

Isaac in jail.

After the petting zoo, we met up with Jarom and all went out to dinner at Sizzler. Since we rarely eat out any more, it was quite a treat! Both kids actually did realy well and only made a small disaster! But since you pay at first and not at the end, and since we are so out of the habit of eating out,
I forgot the leave a tip! I feel so bad about it too, especially since I was a server at Sizzler back in high school and I can distintly remember the two times I was stiffed. Oh well, I just hope that he got good tips from his other tables!
1 comment:
Hey, I'll come to your ward! SO many yummy treats! We only got a chocolate bar! LOL
Happy Mother's day!
Post a Comment