So now that the wall is painted, I need to start putting things up on the wall! Here's what I have for starters:
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Recent Projects
My house has white walls, and I'm not the most "white wall" kinda gal, but I'm not ready to even think about painting the entire house yet, so I've decided to start small and picked a wall in my dining room to paint as an accent wall. I've never painted an accent wall before, so I was a bit nervous about picking a color. I got a few samples from the store and had them taped to my wall for a few weeks just to see how the colors looked throughout the day and see which color my eye was most drawn to. I finally settled on "Ambrosia" and it's kind of a cinnamon-rust color. When we first painted the wall, I was kind of shocked to see such a bright color on the wall, and I was questioning my better judgment, but after it dried and I stepped back a little bit, I fell in love with the color and feel like I made the right choice!
So now that the wall is painted, I need to start putting things up on the wall! Here's what I have for starters:
I started this FHE sign a few weeks ago, but just needed a little more motivation to finish it. For the tags, I modge podged some scrapbook paper on that was inked on the edges, then I used alphabet stickers for our names. I tied them on with jute, but the tags weren't facing forward, so I put a little bead on there and now they face the right direction! I love how it turned out!
This second project is a little stitchery pattern I got from my friend Jen and I think it's hilarious! When I showed it to Jarom, he said, Ok, I get the hint! Don't worry, honey, I'm not going to expect you to help out more than you already do, but any extra you'd like to contribute will be lovingly and happily accepted!
I also have a vinyl saying ordered to go on the top of the wall and was hoping to pick it up today, but it hadn't been delivered yet, so hopefully I can get that put up soon! I still have so much more decorating to do, but I'm off to a good start!
So now that the wall is painted, I need to start putting things up on the wall! Here's what I have for starters:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the little stitching - you are always making such darling things! Happy Decorating!!
Post a Comment