Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Coupons

As many of you may know, I LOVE to shop with coupons! I've been shopping this way for over a year now and have been amazed at how much money I am saving buying food for my family and getting SOOO much more per shopping trip!

This week, Smith's is having a double-coupon event and I got some INCREDIBLE deals! I wasn't able to get very much at the first store I went to, so I had to go to another one and was able to get a few more things. While I didn't get everything on my list, I was pretty happy with what I did get!

Here's a summary of my shopping trips:

Store #1
Spent $11.32
Saved $41.75
80% savings!

Store #2
Spent $18.29
Saved $48.35
70% savings!

So in total, I spent $29.61 and saved $90.10, isn't that incredible?

Some of the free items I got include: 5 2-packs of Dial soap, 4 bags of Flipz pretzels, 5 3-Musketeers bars, 10 packets of Mentos gum, and 5 sticks of Lady Speed Stick deodorant. Other things I got for cheap (less than $0.50) were Sunny D, Texas Toast croutons, Land-o-lakes Butter, and Crest toothpaste. They're also having a great deal on Huggies diapers right now, so I got a few packages of those too.

I've had a lot of people ask me about how to shop with coupons, so I decided to become an instructor with Grocery Smarts, it's part of Pinching Your Pennies. Now I can officially teach you how to save oodles of money on your groceries! My classes are free, the website to use is free, and if you want to order newspapers to get your coupons, I can offer great deals on those too! If you would like to have me teach you and your friends how to shop this way, please let me know! Best of all, it's EASY to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will defiantly be calling you to come and teach me and some friends!! I need HELP!

Kathryn S. said...

Cool! Let me know if you ever find a place that has coupons for produce. I have a hard time finding those, so I'm starting to wonder if they exist.

rosy said...

Congrats you guys on the bebe - I love coupons too. I am way to lazy.