Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yard Work

There are many things that I just hadn't thought about much when we decided to build a new house, the foremost being the work involved in designing and implementing a yard! Last summer we worked hard getting the sprinkling system and grass in, and this year we are working on the flower beds and shrubs. Memorial day worked out to be a good day for us to get our gardening gloves on and get to work!

Here's a view of what used to be a lovely pile of weeds and rocks. The kids love the stepping stones!Here is the flower bed by the walk-way leading to the driveway. I didn't get quite enough of the yellow pansies at the time, but don't worry, I have since filled in the empty spaces in the back! Although I noticed the other day that someone picked two of the plants right about the roots and now I'll have to replace those! Jarom and the kids. I was tremendously impressed that the kids played as well as they did while we worked. Isaac was a big help picking up rocks and dragging out bags of bark. I just adore this picture of Miss Emilie Anne in her little flag shirt sitting in the driveway.

No comments: