
Friday was kind of rough day for me, it was my daughter's 6th birthday and I never know quite what to do to commemorate her special day. I wish it was as easy as throwing a birthday party. Some years we go to the cemetery, some years I make a cake. This year I just wanted to stay home and cry, but that wasn't an option. I tried to do a few fun things with the kids and just try to be happy, and for the most part it wasn't too bad. Then when we got home from a fancy dinner at Costco (I was in NO mood to cook dinner), I found this beautiful bouquet of flowers on my porch from a very dear friend with a little note that she was thinking about me that day. I was so overwhelmed that someone besides my husband and I remembered our special little angel on her birthday and went out of her way to celebrate her day with us. Losing a child has been the hardest challenge I have had to face so far in life. I know that my grief is very personal and that this experience hasn't affected our friends and family members in the same way as us and I don't expect them to treat those days that have special significance for our little family in the same way. But when someone remembers her on her special day, it makes her short little life seem to have just that much more meaning and importance because it means that she touched someone else's life too. Hardly a day goes by when I don't think of her and wonder what it would be like having her with me. I wonder what she looks like and what her personality is like. I miss her terribly, and sometimes it's nice to know that I'm not the only one.
1 comment:
oh claudine. i cannot imagine what it must be like. i am so glad that someone took the time to remember and think of you and her on that special day. We love you!
Post a Comment