Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hey, Charlie!

We got a dog. A tiny little dog. I think his name will be Charlie. He kind of reminds me of the gigantic St. Bernard we had as a kid that I was terrified of, only in miniature form. I think the name is cute and will suit him well.

Our neighbor told us a few weeks ago that his little Shih-Tzu had puppies, and Jarom was worried. He knows what a horribly soft spot I have in my heart for adorable little furry things! And his worry was founded, because as soon as I saw those adorable little puppies, I knew I had to have one! We chose Charlie because he was the most docile and cuddly of the litter, although they are all just too cute for words. We've been slowly transitioning him into our home and letting him get used to us while still being with him mom and brothers. He loves to sleep on laps and has that adorable, sloppy puppy run when he chases after the kids. Isaac and Emilie are about as crazy about him as I am, and with him being so tiny, I just hope they don't hurt him!! They love to carry him around and are already fighting over him. I don't think he will suffer from any lack of attention from these kids!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He is too cute for words! You guys are going to love having a little puppy around the house!

Chris said...

Oh I just love him! Charlie is the CUTEST! Dogs are so awesome! You guys will love it!

Sally Williams said...

Such a darling little guy!!

Melissa said...

So cute!! I can't wait to meet him!!! And I love the name Charlie!! That's what we named one of our bunnies we had when we were growing up and the funny thing is, he loooks just like our Charlie Bunny!! I love it!!!

Cindi said...

He is so-o-o cute! I loved being able to hold him Saturday afternoon! I think that Shih-Tzu's look like little Ewoks from Star Wars!! I'm not saying that isn't CUTE as ever...but that's what they remind me of!! :)