Thursday, December 27, 2007

Another ultrasound

We had another ultrasound this afternoon to see how things are coming along, and the miracles just don't cease to come! Amazingly, there hasn't been any change in my cervix, although I'm still having contractions, even with the nifedipine. While the lab tech was doing the ultrasound, she asked if I could feel a contraction. I said no, but she said that I was having one. With Isaac I would often have contractions that I wasn't feeling, so I guess that's another thing to worry about with this one. While I'm having fewer contractions, I still have about one a day more, more if I push things too much, (like over Chistmas!). I'll go back again on January 4th for another check, and hope that things continue going well for us. With Isaac, by 21 weeks, I only had about 1cm of cervix left and was in pretty bad shape. I'm just amazed at how well things are progressing with this pregnancy.

And I hope it's safe to spill the beans, but I've found out in the last week or so of a number of dear friends who are expecting babies right along with me! My dear friend Andrea is pregnant and due in mid July (she told us when she came over to dinner last week, but I promised I wouldn't say anything until she had a chance to tell her family at Christmas). My sister in law Jenny announced at Christmas that she is pregnant and due at the first of July. (More grandbabies for Cindi and Selby, whew!) My next-door neighbor Jenny is also due around the same time as my sister in law Jenny. I found out this morning my good friend and partner in SHARE Judy is expecting, and I'm guessing is due late July/early August. My friend and neighbor (for at least a few more days) Charlotte is newly pregnant and due about the same time as Judy. More babies coming that will be here sooner than mine that I've known about for a while is Val, who I worked with at TAB back in the day, she is due about 2 months before me, so is Natalie, my friend from our old Draper ward and old running buddy. Then Mandy is adopting a baby girl who is coming in mid-February. It's a good time to have babies!

As for my stroller dilemma, I think I'm most leaning towards the Sit-n-Stand stroller. Now I just need to find a good deal somewhere. Ah, the hunt begins.

And yes, I will get my Christmas pictures posted one of these days. My trip up to the U for my ultrasound took up most of my day today and I didn't get hardly anything done.

1 comment:

Annakaisa said...

So good to hear that everything is going so well so far with the pregnancy!! :)