We had a good visit at the doctor today. I've been having a fair number of contractions this week and have been anticipating some bad news today, because with past experiences, contractions usually mean bad news. But amazingly, my cervix is still 4cm long, just where it was at the start of everything, so that's great! But with the contractions, I'm starting to take Nifedipine to slow them down and I need to try to rest more and drink more fluids. The combination of more rest with the drugs should keep things a little quieter.
I'm just about 20 weeks along, and I wouldn't have imagined making it this far without any real problems yet, so I feel so grateful for our continued progress and good outlook. We may make it into the 30's weeks after all! By this time with Isaac I was already on bedrest for a few weeks and had already had significant cervical shortening, so for what ever reason, we are already doing better than we did with him. I know that we still have a long ways to go, but I feel very optimistic that things are going to keep going well.
4 comments:
Any news without the word 'hospital' is good news!! Hang in there Claudine, Nifedipine was my best friend!! (Though it does leave you feeling like a puddle with no blood pressure). I am so glad it's continuing to be a pretty low-key pregnancy so far. We will have to come visit one of these days. Are you going to the Neonatal follow up in Jan.? btw your scrapbooking page looks great! It's fun to see what your family has been up to this year. :)
That is such a wonderful news!! I am so relieved that things are going so well. :) Thanks for the update.
Claudine-I loved your Christmas card too! I am also glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well! We will keep you in our prayers! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!
What a blessing! To make it to the 30s would be fantastic. I am sure it is hard to rest with a todler. I didn't have to be on bedrest with my second. Thanks for the update. You are an amazing women.
Post a Comment