Then tonight we decided to use up some movie passes I got last Christmas and were going to take Isaac to see the Bee movie, but it was an hour later than the website said, and the theater had a special showing of the Polar Express, so we went to that instead, even though we have it on DVD. It was Isaac's first time to go to a movie theater, and there was only one other family there, so it was like a private showing! Isaac really enjoyed the movie and sat still for most of it, which for him is a big accomplishment. He didn't take a nap this afternoon and he fell asleep right before we entered our neighborhood, so as soon as we got home, we changed his diaper and put his pj's on and let him go to sleep. What a cutie. I think I'm ready for bed too.
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Breakfast with Santa
Our ward had its Christmas party this morning, a breakfast with Santa. We got up early and drove in the snow (it's so pretty outside!) and made it safely to the church. We arrived about 15 minutes before Santa, which gave us time to eat and get settled. Isaac was very curious about the man in the red suit, but we explained that it was Santa and he didn't seem to mind. On the tables they had paper for kids to write their letters to Santa, so I helped him write one, and then we stood in line for our turn to see Santa.
When it was finally Isaac's turn, he walked right up to Santa, gave him his letter, then sat on his lap. He posed for his picture and just cuddled right in Santa's arm like he was going to sleep! What a far cry from the weeping and wailing last year when he saw Santa! Go figure.
After the breakfast, we ran to the store and got the rest of our Christmas shopping done, yeah!!! Besides a few little goodies for Isaac and Jarom's stockings, I am all done, what a great feeling! I still have a few things to put together and wrap, but for the most part, I don't have to worry about it any more. Yeah!
Then tonight we decided to use up some movie passes I got last Christmas and were going to take Isaac to see the Bee movie, but it was an hour later than the website said, and the theater had a special showing of the Polar Express, so we went to that instead, even though we have it on DVD. It was Isaac's first time to go to a movie theater, and there was only one other family there, so it was like a private showing! Isaac really enjoyed the movie and sat still for most of it, which for him is a big accomplishment. He didn't take a nap this afternoon and he fell asleep right before we entered our neighborhood, so as soon as we got home, we changed his diaper and put his pj's on and let him go to sleep. What a cutie. I think I'm ready for bed too.
Then tonight we decided to use up some movie passes I got last Christmas and were going to take Isaac to see the Bee movie, but it was an hour later than the website said, and the theater had a special showing of the Polar Express, so we went to that instead, even though we have it on DVD. It was Isaac's first time to go to a movie theater, and there was only one other family there, so it was like a private showing! Isaac really enjoyed the movie and sat still for most of it, which for him is a big accomplishment. He didn't take a nap this afternoon and he fell asleep right before we entered our neighborhood, so as soon as we got home, we changed his diaper and put his pj's on and let him go to sleep. What a cutie. I think I'm ready for bed too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Last year the twins screamed bloody murder in Santa's lap! I had to practically sit in there with them! Maybe seeing these pics of Isaac will help them warm up to Santa this year. Way to go, Isaac!
I loved getting your comment on our blog. I am really jealous your shopping is done. I never seem to get it done until T.J. gets out of school. I sure hope our Santa visit will got as smooth as yours did.
Yes, Isaac did such a good job on Santa's lap. Kaleb saw him sitting their so happily that I think it helped him out. Way to be a good example Isaac!!!
Post a Comment