Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Double strollers?
I know I should be blogging about our wonderful Christmas, but I need to pull the pictures off my camera first, so I'll try to do that in the next day or two. Until then, here is my dilemma - I want to get a double stroller with this next kiddo on the way, but I'm not sure what kind to get! I've been looking at the sit-n-stand kind, the traditional ones, ones with stadium sitting, side-by-side, you name it. I've done some reading online of reviews and for all the pros are almost as many cons and it's very overwhelming. So, my friends with experience, what things should I look for? If you have one, what do you like about it, what do you wish was different? I still have a few more months before I really need to worry about getting one, but I want to start looking now, especially if there are any year-end sales I can maybe take advantage of. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love my Graco one that is stadium sitting that way you can just lacth the car seat with the new one right in the back and put big brother up front the only problem we are having now is Brady likes to pull his sisters hair when she sits up front but we now put Brady up front and problem fixed! Plus the ones that are side by side are way to big to take into a Mall store!
I have a Baby Trend sit and stand and a side by side! I LOVE my Sit and Stand!! Especially for trips like the Zoo!! Jesse is able to get up and look at the animals easily without me having to pull him out! Plus he feels like a big boy!! The stroller is shorter than the stadium seating kind so it makes it a lot easier to move around. You can also latch the baby's car seat on the front! It makes the stroller a little longer when that is attached but it is convenient for the time you use it!! The cons are that compared to my sisters Joovy Brand sit and Stand my shade is not as long and my seat does not lay back as far and hers is even a little more shorter. But the Joovy costs about $100 more unless you find a good deal! But if you feel that Isaac is not ready for the Sit and stand you can also try the sit and stand plus I saw it online at the Stroller Depot.com for $159.95 and if you order now you can get $15 off. The plus means that it comes with the stadium seating and then when you think he is big enough you can remove the back seat and it becomes the standard sit and stand. I haven’t tried this one but thought it might be a good option for you.
Now we also have a side by side stroller - I really don't recommend these unless you are going jogging a lot or walking outside on large sidewalks. They are just too wide it's hard to even get them through doors, and very hard to use in stores. I even have the small version! It is a Combi Twin Savvy EX Version. The pros are that the seat lays down almost flat for babies to sleep in without their carrier and the basket underneath is easier to get to. But the other thing I don't like is that the older kid has a lot more access to hit or tease the baby because they are right next to each other!! :)
Anyway I hope this helps!!
We tested out some of the side by side and it felt like driving a tank! It really depends on where you go the most, but for us mall-visitors I've found the front and back one to be pretty maneuverable for those small spaces. Who knew stores like The Children's Place would have such small aisles, for crying out loud. Yes there is the hair-pulling problem and now the brawls over whose turn it is to sit in the back but lucky for you, Isaac's hair is too short to get a good grasp! :)
Post a Comment