Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

More than just Mother's Day, I think today is a great day to celebrate women in all our various seasons of life. So every lady out there, whether a mother or not, here's to you!

I had to put this shirt on Emilie today because it says "I love mommy" and even if I have to brainwash my child, she is going to love me. Because her shirt said so. She actually gave me the best Mother's Day present every today - SHE FINALLY NURSED AGAIN!!! I was getting so overwhelmed with the process of pumping and bottles again and was so disappointed that she wasn't going to be a nurser, but she was getting hungry so I thought I would give it a shot, and she did GREAT! I think there's hope for us after all! I just hope that she'll be willing to keep it up because it will make our nighttime routine so much easier, and Isaac won't have to keep watching me pump with so much confusion in his little eyes, poor guy. So thanks for nursing, Emilie, keep it up!Isaac just adores his little sister. After I finished changing her diaper this afternoon, he climbed onto my bed next to her and just started talking to her and telling her that he loves her (so sweet!). I loved the way they were just looking at each other and how engaged Emilie's eyes were on her big brother, so I just had to take a picture.
And I don't know how to even begin describing these next two pictures, although I'm sure Jarom is somehow involved...

5 comments:

Annakaisa said...

Looking at Emilie's pictures, makes me laugh. Because I think, she looks SO much like you! Since Isaac is like a little 'mini-me-Jarom', wouldn't be funny if Emilie would turn out to be 'mini-me-Claudine'! :)

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations! What a wonderful mother's day. Wow!

mindi said...

Ohhhhh . . . so sweet! That is so wonderful that Isaac loves his sister so much!

Laura said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
She IS beautiful! Good job! I am glad she is hear and safe and well! I am so happy for you with the house plans too! This is wonderful. That Isaac is super cute too! What a sweet brother, I wonder how Emma will be when we have another one, and that just makes me so excited. I love you lots! Keep updating us on everything.
Love you!
Love Laura

Leslie said...

Happy Mother's Day Claudine, you are a darling mom. What perfect timing to have Emilie join your family! It looks like you haven't missed a beat juggling a newborn and a toddler, what is your secret? It appears to help that Emilie entertains Isaac and vice versa. We shall see. I do love the shot of them together. I'm glad the nursing is coming along, pumping brings back a lot of memories for me (mostly bad). I wish we could be there to hold sweet little Emilie.