Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Super Couches!

I love how everything you purchase in the store often comes in many languages (it's silly to think that English has any right to be the official language around here, right?) - reminds me of the days of buying imported goods in Romania and seeing a list of fifteen different language codes with their perspective translations. With this in mind, Jarom and I have been laughing for a while at the Costco diapers which, on the opposite side of the English version, proclaim the french equivalent: Super Couches. Isaac has worn many a super couch in his pre-potty trained life, and now Emilie has joined the ranks. This little girl goes through so many diapers that we've gone through the few packages we received as gifts as well as the few packages we bought, so while at Costco yesterday, I got the big box of the small size. I put one on her this afternoon and was happy to find that it fits her just fine! We'll see how long this box lasts. A week, maybe two?

Getting used to having two kids is still an adjustment and some days are still a bit of a struggle, but overall, it's wonderful having these two little people in our lives. The days go by much easier (although going back to work this week has been quite difficult), but the evenings are a little bit harder. Emilie cries a lot at night as she's settling down, then Isaac won't go to sleep if the baby is crying, and on and on. At least Emilie only gets up about twice during the night, eats, poops, then goes right back to sleep. Isaac, on the other hand, sometimes gets up more often than Emilie and wants to climb into bed with us. Oh well, at least he likes to be around us and isn't too bothered by Jarom's snoring! :)

We have less than 24 hours of owning our townhouse since tomorrow we will close on the sale and become renters again while waiting for the new house to be built. The buyers came by last night for their final walk-through and we were able to meet them. Very nice people. I hope they are good landlords for the next few months. I'm so glad to not have to move this weekend and to be able to stay here until the new house is ready for us. They should be getting the building permit any day now so they can start digging us a hole. Before going to the title company tomorrow afternoon, we're going to the design center to pick out the colors and options for the interior of the house and I'm really looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Ioana said...

How funny about the diapers! Just last night we were at Costco getting diapers for Zach and Dave's like:"It's amazing how many couches they can fit into such a cmall box!"LOL Great minds think alike, what can I say?:)
It's so exciting that your house is one step closer to you!

Annakaisa said...

I bet it's a huge adjustment to have two kids and so much more work, but then also twice as rewarding! That's so exciting that you get to go to the desing center to pick out stuff. So much fun!