Friday, May 16, 2008

What a week!

Here's some things that have happened this week:
  • On Wednesday night, Isaac accidentally slammed Gabby's tail in the door leading out to the garage. At first we thought it was broken, but noticed it was bleeding, so Jarom took her to the vet ER and found out she had a 1 inch laceration and needed staples to close it up. She also needs to take antibiotics for a few days to ward off infection. No, it is not easy to give a cat medicine through an eye-dropper. My poor kitty has to wear a collar cone thing so she doesn't chew on her bandage, and with that she can't go through her little cat door into her bathroom, nor can she climb into her covered litter box, so Jarom set up a little apartment area for her in the garage and she will just need to stay out there until she is healed enough to have her cone off. Poor kitty cat! And no, the vet bill was not cheap, and no Jarom, we are not taking the money out of Isaac's savings account to pay for it. :)
  • After Jarom got back from the vet, Isaac was going potty before going to bed, and he decided he wanted to see what the water looked like as it filled the toilet, so he stuck his head inside the bowl to watch. Needless to say, he got quite the thorough shower that night before bed.
  • I took Emilie in to the doctor Monday morning for a weight check. Over the weekend (since she actually started eating again!), she actually gained almost 8 oz! She goes in for her 2-week check-up on Monday and hopefully she will be back to her birth weight. I would be surprised if she isn't at least that much. She feels so much heavier to me now. Granted, that could be because I have such a hard time setting her down. (She is asleep on my chest right now as I am typing.)
  • And as for feeding, we haven't needed a bottle in a few days, yipee! I think we're getting a hang of this nursing thing and it's been so nice! I also discovered nursing in bed and it is making my nights so much better. I still put her back in bed after she's eaten, but it lets me rest a little bit while she's eating.
  • And Emilie's cord came off this week, what a big girl! With that off, she got her first bath on Monday night. At first she didn't know what to think and was a little upset by it, but I put a washcloth on her belly to keep her warm and she seemed to relax and even enjoy it a little bit.
  • Jarom's new laptop came this morning (Thank you, George W), so it looks like I will be sans husband for a few days as he's getting it all configured and set up. He's promised me that he will sell off the good parts from his old laptop that is dying to help offset the cost of the new one, so let's hope he keeps up his end of the bargain. :)
  • The paper work for the new house was submitted this week. They should get the permit back from the city within a few weeks and can then start digging the foundation. We'll go back to the design center soon to pick out things for the interior, I can't wait!
Those are the more notable events of the week that I can recall, and looking at that list, that's a lot for one week! Let's see what happens next week!

2 comments:

Ioana said...

Lots going on! It's funny that when a guy gets a computer you can't talk to them or reach them anyhow...Emilie is soooooo beautiful!

Unknown said...

Fun to read your update!
Love,
Camie