This is our week for doctor's visits. Emilie had her 2-week check-up today and we got some great news for her! When I took her in last Monday for a weight check, she was up to 8 lbs 4 oz, which was a considerable gain from the previous Friday when we left the hospital and she was 7 lbs 8.5 oz. By 2 weeks they should at least be back to their birth weight (8 lbs 9 oz), and my little girl was 9 lbs 5 oz! Not only has she surpassed her birth weight, she has gained 1 lb 1 oz since last week! I guess this nursing thing is working out for us after all! And besides a few bottles the first few days after we came home, she's been nursing exclusively and is doing so well. I think it just took a few days for us to gt used to each other and our routine. Now, we're old pros. Here are Emilie's stats from today: length 95%, weight 85%, and head 75%. Isaac has never been in those percentiles, so this is very exciting! Who would have thought?
Tomorrow is Gabby's turn to go to the doctor/vet to get the dressing on her tail changed. She'll go back again next week to get the staples out, poor cat! We took her cone off at least (it wasn't making much difference - she could still reach her tail and it was just annoying her). So now she can at least be in the house again and is able to bathe herself. I think she spent the first 2 days after we took the cone off just bathing herself. When her tail is all healed, she'll be getting a bath. I know she'll consider it a direct insult towards her ability to keep herself clean, but she still needs the occasional bath to supplement her own bathing routine.
Then on Thursday is my turn to go to the doctor for my 2-week check-up to make sure that my c-section incision is healing properly. I haven't needed to take any pain meds since Saturday I think, so that's a good sign that things are healing. I get the occasional pain here and there still, but overall, I'm feeling great! It's so nice to be able to bend again and walk up stairs normally. I'm not quite ready to start running again, but hopefully it won't be too much longer. I'd love to be able to run another 5K by the end of summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment