For months now, I've been anticipating my first bath in my new, big bath tub, and tonight was the night to finally get to take that bath. And it was very nice. I have to admit, I have a weakness for baths and long showers and I take it very seriously. I suppose it dates back to my mission when we rarely had warm, running water and I had to "shower" with water heated over the stove then poured with a large yogurt cup. At the time it wasn't bad, but it did take time to prepare and wasn't quite the same as a traditional shower. On my way home from Romania, we spent a night in Vienna in a very nice hotel and I spent a great deal of my morning before flying home in a very hot, very fabulous shower. Since then, I make taking a shower a top priority of my day and can't function without at least a quick shower. So even though I quite love my shower, there are few things better than a hot soak in a bubble bath, especially when the bubbles are Strawberries and Champagne from VS. Ahhh, life is good.

After my fabulous bath, I dug through the garage to find a few of my crafting things so that I could finish a project that has been nagging at me for weeks and weeks now - ragged burp clothes. Charlotte, if you are reading this, please move past this paragraph, ok? Ok, now that she's not reading, I've been meaning to make her some little burp clothes for her new little baby, and tonight I was finally able to make them! I was so happy to be reunited with my dear friends
Gingher and
White again too. I sewed up a bunch of these little beauties but only ragged the few for Charlotte, the rest can wait for another night when my needs to craft are bursting through the seams - or when another friend has a baby. :)

The reason I've been able to induldge tonight is because I actually finished my work this afternoon so I'm not up till midnight working away like a mad woman. It's great! Wednesdays are usually my lightest work load and it's so nice having a break.
I want to throw this pic on here too because I think it's so cute. These are my kiddos last Sunday, our first day at our new ward. While our experience at the new ward was strange, at least the kids looked adorable! (And Jarom looks pretty handsome too, if I do say so myself!) I tried taking a few pictures, but Emilie was chewing on Jarom's ties in all of them.

I should also brag about Emilie for a minute, and since it's my blog, I will. She had her 4 month check-up on Monday and is doing so well! She is 70% for weight, 85% for head, and well over 100% for length, what a big girl!
Dr. Feindt was very impressed with her motor skill development and was so patient while Isaac talked her ears off with his thoughts on life in general. She also gave him a quick examine too since it would be grossly unfair to listen to Emilie's lungs and not his. Isaac got his flu shot while we were there and was so brave, he didn't even cry. Once the band-aid was on, he was fine. Then when it was Emilie's turn for her shots, and she of course screamed, Isaac was so concerned for his little sister that he actually got teared up worrying about what was happening to her!
I think I'm done soap boxing for one evening. I may even get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, wow! I'm still so relaxed from my bath, I could just float off to bed. I think I shall.
3 comments:
I love taking bubble baths too. Last night I attempted to take one, but my little muchy wouldn't let me so she had to join me. It turned into a splash time and then into a shower. All is well though. LOL
Aaaa! A bubble bath! I would love to be able to take one too....:) There's no time for anything now and I don't want to be disturbed by the kids, so Dave has to be home. Busy schedules!
I'm glad you got to enjoy yours!
I agree. Long, hot showers are heavenly. Do we get to hear more about your first day at church?
Post a Comment