Sunday, September 7, 2008

We've moved!

Each time we move (and we've moved six times in the last eight years!), I keep trying to burn into my mind how much I really don't like to move! I forget how much I begin to see all my stuff as junk and just want to throw all of it away, and I forget how hard it is to find things that are packed away in some box somewhere, but in the end, it's always worth it to have a new home and begin on a new life chapter. The last few days have been insane, to say the least. We had problems with the mortgage underwriters and getting the mortgage processed quickly, which delayed closing, but in the end we were able to get are keys and are now in the process of reclaiming our lives. My big thing that I can't find right now is my camera, so I wasn't able to take pictures of the move, although before I lost it, I got some cute pictures of Isaac loving the moving truck. (big shocker) And in case you were wondering, moving trucks have both Pought tires and Heim tires (see my earlier post about Isaac words). He was devastated when we had to return the truck.

Thanks to everyone who helped us move all our stuff, you guys ROCK!!!

We love our new house and all the extra space we now have! Isaac and Emilie seem to be adjusting well too, although the last few days have been so chaotic. I hope that this week will feel a little bit more normal as we get back into our routine. First on the list, groceries!!!

3 comments:

Susie Chadwick said...

Congrats again! I like moving cause I always get rid of so much stuff.

By the way, I added the links to the crochet patterns I used. Thanks for asking, because I forgot.

David and Taryn said...

I'm so sad you're not in our neighborhood or ward anymore, but excited for you guys to be in a nice beautiful home with lots of room. Good luck getting settled in.

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Yeah! I am so glad you new house is finished. That is so awesome! I hope the moving goes well, it's all worth it in the end. Especially with all the extra space!