Sunday, September 28, 2008

More Isaac words

It never ceases to amaze me how passionate Isaac is about trucks. Just this morning, he was singing "The wheels on the bus go round and round," then he paused and started again, "the wheels on the bus - and truck - go round and round!" Cheeky.

So I thought I would share a few more of his words related to trucks:

Cars say beep
Trucks say honk
Big trucks and semi's say maahp

For most people, if you hear a car's horn being used, one would say, "Oh, that car is honking." But not Isaac, being the foremost expert on these things. Cars aren't honking, they're horning. And trucks don't honk either, you can hearing them maahping. He would insist that honking isn't even a word. No mom, it's horning.

Isaac can turn almost anything into a truck or semi trailer with enough imagination. Last night, Isaac himself was a trailer (notice that he's holding on to the truck's trailer hitch?). And yes, he is wearing his clothes hamper.On our nearly weekly pilgrimage to IKEA, we found this little gem of a rug and knew that it would make Isaac happy. How happy, we couldn't have imagined, but needless to say, he has already been playing with it for hours on end. He'll line up all his trucks and drive them all around his little town. Oddly enough, one of the prominent buildings is a hotel, which is great because he is almost daily asking to go back to the hotel we stayed at in California last month. At least now his trucks can go to the hotel, even if he can't.I'm sure crazy about this fun little kid!

1 comment:

Brea Eskelsen said...

How adorable! I think your little Isaac would have a blast with my little Ty! Ty always has a car/truck in his hands. I bet he just loves that rug.