Friday, September 25, 2009

Exploring Downtown

Last week I had been planning with some friends to go up to Ogden and visit the Dinosaur park, but impending rain and thunder threatened to spoil that plan, and having the Treehouse Museum closed last week too made Ogden a bad choice, so instead we decided to go downtown to play. And what was supposed to be a gloomy, wet, and stormy day turned out to be beautiful, warm, and perfect outside!! Wouldn't you know it?!? So even though I didn't get to visit my friend who I haven't seen in years, we still had a blast and I will just have to find another day of unpredictable weather to trek up north!

Our first stop on our downtown adventure was Temple Square. We let the kids run around for a little bit, and Isaac had to sprint up the ramp in the visitors center to see the Christus Statue. He sat nice and quiet for about 17 seconds, then dashed away to find more things to look at. (We had a few obedience issues that day...)

Then we headed over to the Church History Museum where they have a darling exhibit for kids called the "I Am a Child of God" exhibit. I didn't know it was there, and it's been years since I've been to the museum, so we had a very nice time there! We didn't walk through the whole museum though, the kids would never have survived it! But I'd like to go back some time and see all the other neat exhibits.

Emilie's favorite part were the crayons. Emilie is my little artist and loves to color! (She also loves to eat crayons, but that's another problem for another day.) They have stations set up for kids to just color or make rubbings of the CTR symbol in different language. I didn't see Romanian though, I think they need to fix that one FAST!Here is Isaac playing bean bag toss into the different degrees of glory. At the time, it seemed so cute, but writing it out, it seems a bit sacrilegious!They have a little nursery area set up for kids to take care of little babies, and Isaac spent most of his time there mommying the babies, swaddling them, feeding them, listening to their hearts, and putting them to bed. Isaac and Mason had fun building temples with wooden blocks. Isaac would get his nice and high then laugh hysterically as he knocked them down. When we finished up at the museum, we went next door to the Family History Library and stole my favorite church worker (my mom) and walked over to the Church Office Building and had lunch in the cafeteria. It was on my list of one of the most stressful lunch situations ever (again, back to the obedience issues), but it was nice to see my mom and have lunch together. When we finished eating, we went up to the top of the building and looked around on the terraces. I'm so glad the weather was nice because it was so beautiful up there!

Here's Chelsea walking by Logan, and if you know Logan, you know how exciting is it that he's finally WALKING!!! I just had to take a picture, I'm so proud of him! Logan, Isaac, Mason, Katie, and Emilie looking out over Temple Square. This is my favorite picture of the day! Isaac and Mason were just mesmerized looking at the temple!
The whole crew: Sara with Mason and Katie, me with Isaac and Emilie, and Chelsea with Logan.And of course a picture with Mom before she had to dash back to work.What a fun day!

2 comments:

Susie Chadwick said...

That's really cool! I will have to visit the museum again. You look fabulous, by the way.

Ioana said...

We love going to that museum because it's free and so much fun! I told the missionaries there a few times about the missing Romanian CTR, but I guess we'll have to wait a long time before they fix it (if ever...)
By the way, you look GREAT!