You know how excited you would get as a kid when you did well in school and your teacher gave you a little star sticker marking your excellence? I guess that same motivation works as adults too, and even though we know it's just a silly little sticker, we want it BAD. At least I do. Last week I earned my first little gold star at Weight Watchers for losing my first 5 pounds, then at yesterday's meeting I got my first big star for losing 5% of my body weight. While I still have a ways to go, it feels so good to get those little stars! Now that I've met my first two little goals, my focus is shifted to the bigger goal, 10%. When I first saw that number, I felt so overwhelmed and incapable to reach it, but now that I've been at this for a month now, I feel like it is a very reachable goal. In fact, I want to reach that number for my birthday in 5 1/2 weeks from now. That will be my present to myself.On this weight loss journey of mine, I find myself going through all kinds of emotions that I hadn't anticipated. I feel stronger and more able to resist certain food temptations. I feel like I'm taking better care of this earthly body that God has entrusted to me. I hope that I'm setting a good example to my children of healthy living. I also feel guilty for how I had treated my body before and for letting myself get to the point I was at. And now I'm doing something about it, and that feels really good.
6 comments:
WOOT WOOT! You go girl...back when I did WW they didn't have the 5% goal it was the whole turkey only 10%! That was overwhelming but the little stickers helped along the way...Don't you just love the support! Keep it up you are stronger to resist all the junk! Those cute kiddos and that great hubby deserve a mommy that takes care of herself!
man, I should get on WW too. I gained 5 pounds lately and I am not that happy about it. Maybe it will help me get to where I want to be by Christmas. haha Maybe not. :D
Felicitari!!! Am uitat sa zic aia
You said: 'I feel like I'm taking better care of this earthly body that God has entrusted to me.'
Yep. That's what it's all about.
I'm very proud of you for doing this!!
Good job Cloey! You are a very determined gal, I'm sure you'll get to your goal before you know it!
Way to go!! That is so awesome!! I'm sure you'll make it to the next goal in no time!! :)
Post a Comment