Monday, March 24, 2008

Hospital Day 4

These last few days have been kind of crazy and I've been trying to update when possible. Isaac was admitted to Primary Children's Hospital on Friday because he wasn't improving with the breathing treatments we were doing at home, and Friday night into Saturday morning was his lowest point. Since then he has made slow and steady progress and we are hoping that he will be able to come home tomorrow. He continues to need supplemental oxygen and gets regular breathing treatments and percussion treatments to break up all the excess mucus in his lungs, but we are hoping that he will continue to improve so that we can then manage his treatments at home for the next few weeks and possibly months. Even over night last night he has made progress and is needing less oxygen.

We are so grateful for all the prayers and well-wishes on Isaac's behalf and we will continue to update as we can. It has been a very tiring and emotion weekend for our little family but we feel blessed for the excellent care Isaac is receiving and for the circumstances that allow us to spend our time by his side.

2 comments:

suzanne said...

Claudia and Jarom~ I am so sorry. I wish you didn't have to go that route I thought he was going to kick it at home with the treatments. It is so scary though when a kiddo gets sick. Aren't you glad he isn't a newborn? I have been following your progress since decembers email and I love your blog. I hope baby girl stays put and you two get to have her home with you after delivery. but the way things are going you won't have as long of a stay anyway...good luck I wish you well Suzanne

Ioana said...

How's Isaac now? We continue to pray and think about you guys a lot! I hope he's out of the hospital, home with you.