It's hard to remember that life was pretty normal a few weeks ago before Isaac got sick, but here are some pictures from Jarom's birthday. This is at his parents' house. Since it was right before St. Patrick's Day, his mom made a yummy corned beef dinner (one of Jarom's favorite!). I'm glad she made it because I've never made corned beef before and he was asking for it. Eventually I'll have to learn, but I'm happy putting it off a little longer. Look at Isaac's facial expression - he gets so excited for birthdays he can hardly stand it!

Of course, the best part of birthdays is the CAKE! And making a big mess with the cake.

Here is Isaac on one of his first days in the hospital doing his Albuterol treatment with the nebulizer mask. It has a dragon on it and we called it "Dragon Breathing" because steam would come out with the medicine and he would inhale it. He tolerated it really well, even though you can see how tired he was. Sometimes it would just put him to sleep all together.

Isaac spent a lot of his days in the hospital resting. He was happy when he didn't need to wear the mask any more because then he could suck his thumb again, and if you know Isaac, you know how much he loves his thumb. We brought him his bear and blankets from home so that he could have some kind of connection to his familiar things.

Here's Isaac Easter morning exploring the fun chocolate goodies in his Easter basket. He ate so much candy that day and made such a mess with chocolate melting all over the place, but it helped cheer him up and that's what matters. (Plus, I'm not the one doing the hospital laundry!)

Going Home!!! This is the biggest smile I saw Isaac make in over a week and I think he knew that something good was finally happening to him. He came home on oxygen, although we discovered later that the hospital forgot to turn the tank on, so he was actually on room air for a few hours. We kept checking his stats though and he was doing fine, so we've hardly had to turn on the oxygen since we've been home. I think he's just so happy to be home that he's breathing a lot easier now.

We've been home more than 24 hours now and Isaac is just about his normal, spunky self! He's laughing and playing (and trying to lick me - he likes to pretend he's a cat - drives mommy crazy!). We have a follow-up visit with his pediatrician tomorrow morning and will have more of an idea what his long-term plan will be like and what we can expect in the future. I'm so grateful that my little guy is feeling so much better!
6 comments:
So glad to hear he's home and feeling better!
I am so glad to hear Isaac is back to his chipper self! I am still surprised at how brutal RSV was for his system; thank goodness all our little preemies didn't get it as newborns. What a week for you, though it sounds like you are through the worst. I think the twins would have had a way hard time not sucking their fingers with the mask on. What a little trooper. I'm sure Isaac will be healed up just in time for his 3rd birthday! Thanks for the update! :)
Yeah!!! I'm so glad he is home!! That was so scary!! We totally wanted to come visit but we have all had colds and things here so we didn't want to get him any more sick!! But we were thinking of him always!! Keep us updated!!
so glad Isaac is home! We had our oldest get RSV/asthma when he was about 6 months old and he's now 41/2 and he is on nightly breathing treatments to control his asthma. We know all about Albuterol!!
Gosh! I am so glad that he is doing well. What a scary thing to go through.
What a trooper! I can't believe what you guys have been through. I am glad that he is home and doing better. Breathing stuff is so scary.
Post a Comment