Saturday, March 1, 2008

The zoo, and other things

We just had our first house showings this morning - two groups came by. I guess we'll hear feedback in the next few days how things went. It's pretty nerve racking knowing complete strangers are looking through your home and you just hope that nothing happens while you're gone. We did a lot of work (especially Jarom!) cleaning and getting everything in order, and I must say, it's very nice having such a clean home. I wish it were like this more often! The biggest problem area was the office, but we got things organized and cleared out and it looks pretty good.

While we were gone this morning, we went out to breakfast at the Belgian Waffle. That will be the LAST time I ever eat there again. We waited for our food for about 45 minutes, and when you're starving and just waiting for some pancakes, it seemed pretty ridiculous. Isaac's pancakes were so hard and dry that I sent them back and had them bring him some new ones. My toast and hash browns were also very cold and dry, but at least my eggs and sausage were warm (not hot though). Jarom didn't get his food for another 10 minutes after we got our food, but his was hot. I don't get it. And yes, I'm still bitter.

For playgroup yesterday (and to celebrate leap day!), we took the kids to the zoo. They had some special activities with frogs and Isaac had fun leaping like a frog and playing some frog games. The weather was so nice outside and the animals were so lively! The zebras were dancing around, I couldn't tell if they were fighting or about to mate.... Even the tiger was walking around and putting on quite the show. Isaac loved seeing all the animals! Here is is in front of the alligator.


Here's a pic from dinner the other night at the Mayan. Isaac spent most of the time propped against the little wall and watching the divers "splash!" Doesn't my little guy look so sharp with his hair cut?

No comments: