Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sickness

I have some pics I was going to post, but I guess Jarom took the video card out of the computer I usually use to organize my pictures, so I'll post them later. That's all he needs, a reason to buy more computer components.... :)

Meanwhile, my poor little Isaac has been so sick this week I've hardly had time to worry about much else! He's had a lingering cough for a while, but on Monday night it got worse, so we took him to the doctor and got him some prescription cough syrup, then the fever started, and today we are starting him on antibiotics for either an ear or sinus infection. Isaac was feeling so lethargic yesterday that he stayed in bed most of the day (which as most of you know, is NOT like my little fire ball!). The weather was so nice yesterday, so for an hour or so while his fever broke, I let him play outside with his big black truck for a little while and he seemed to really enjoy that. Today he's been in bed most of the day and his fever is still lingering. Jarom thinks he might have RSV, and if that's the case, thank goodness he's getting it now, and not while he was a tiny baby and not in a month or two after the baby is born and possibly passing it on to her. We'll talk to the doctor about that in a little bit when she calls back.

I just got back from my 33 week visit and things are still looking good. Baby had a good NST - she was very active and had actually flipped around. Her head has been down for weeks and weeks now, but today it was up, which explains why her kicks have been so low this morning instead of higher up... As long as she flips back down in the next few weeks, we'll be fine. For all I know, she could have already moved down, she's been so busy today! I'm still dilated about a cm and my contractions are increasing in frequency, but it doesn't seem to be affecting my cervix very much. If they keep up at this rate, the doctor may take the stitch out in two weeks instead of three so that it doesn't cause any tearing or damage. It's hard to believe that we're almost to the point where they will remove the stitch and not because of pre-term labor! What a blessing!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh poor Issac it's no fun to be sick. I have been sick for a couple of days not and just praying that neither of my kids will get it! Great news on your pregnancy! Did you guys get an offer in on your house?

Brooke said...

Sorry I meant to spell Isaac name right!

Leslie said...

Sick kids are a full-time job! I hope Isaac doesn't have RSV, though RSV is not really a swear word like it was 2-ish years ago when our kids were so tiny. :) I'm glad he's not at risk to pass it onto the baby though. I can't believe you are so close! I am so glad things are going so well for you!