I have rededicated myself to help Isaac become potty trained, especially with his birthday coming up right around the corner. I've been asking him on and off if he wanted to wear briefs or diapers, and his preference has overwhelmingly been diapers, so I had a little chat with him and found out the reason he didn't want to wear briefs any more was because he didn't want to have any more accidents. I can understand that, so we talked about how it was ok to have an accident but to try hard not to have any. Then I did what most parents do, I started bribing him. At first it was with whatever little candies were stashed in the pantry, then while at Costco we got a huge bag of tootsie rolls, which Isaac calls "potty candy" because he now gets one every time he goes potty. And you know, that little piece of candy is really working miracles! So much so that he didn't even want to wear a diaper to go to sleep last night, so we compromised by putting his briefs over his diaper and let him wear both to bed. He was satisfied. We've been doing this for 3 days now and in those three days, he only had one little accident on day one. We have even been to some stores and he's been very good! We still need to remind him to go potty, so we're working on getting him to let us know when he needs to go, but he's definitely making some very good progress. At this rate, he may even be out of diapers before the baby is born! I wouldn't mind only having one kid in diapers.
Jarom was supposed to start his new job on Monday, but it turns out the HR department was slow to process his new hire papers, so he will report for his first day on Wednesday instead. I don't mind, since it will give him time to finish up the tile in the downstairs bathroom! :) And if he gets bored when that's done, I can find a whole list of things for him to work on. We're just so grateful that he'll have a job to go to next week!
5 comments:
I'm so excited for you guys!! Marilyn gets excited to go for cookies, but lately I just haven't had the energy to even encourage her.
How fun! I love your blog! Especially the timeline of your baby. How cute! Oh! Potty training, good luck! It sounds like you are doing a great job so far. I love the fact that tootsie rolls are "potty candy" I couldn't think of any candy that would fit better!
Congratulations, Congratulations!! I am so glad that Jarom found a job. Isaac is doing a wonderful job, and so is his Mommy. Hopefully we can get Ty potty trained before our baby comes.
That is sooo cute! And I'm excited about the job as well! What a blessing!
Good job, Isaac! I used M&Ms with the girls. One for #1, 2 for #2, and it worked. With Zach, so far, it seems that just some applause does it! LOL
Post a Comment