Friday, March 14, 2008

One of those days!

Do you ever have those days where it seems like a dozen things are all happening at the same time? Not bad things necessarily, but just lots of little things that start to feel like one really big thing? Today has been like that for me. It all started with waking up at 4:30am for a potty break and not being able to go back to sleep, so after an hour of listening to Jarom snore (not loudly, but nonetheless), I gave up and started working for a couple hours. Then my friends and I tried to figure out what to do for playgroup and try to contact everyone, so add on a bunch of calls and call backs, and we finally decided to go to Arctic Circle and let the kids play on the playground there. On my way out the door, I get a call from Chris, my brother and realtor, about a possible offer on the house that requires a great deal of compromise and negotiation, so I have that to stew over now. Then Charlotte can't find her car keys, but luckily I have a mini-van that is good for hauling people, so I picked her and her boys up on our way over to the AC.

But that's not crazy enough. While there, we had two potty accidents, one more severe than the other, but messy still the same, but luckily my van was a bit messy and I had some spare pants in there (go figure!) and we were able to get everyone dressed again and cleaned up. I think I need a bath though because I can still smell the lingering odors... might be a pregnancy nose thing... But in the end, the kids had a great time, we were able to get everyone home safely, and now I can hopefully get Isaac to go take a nap so I can finish my work.

Jarom is really enjoying his new job at Novell and they seem to really appreciate having him there. He's already the senior go-to guy on his team when there are problems (he doesn't even have a phone yet), and stumped the Linux Guru on his first day, so he's making a name for himself. The company has so many more benefits than LNXI had and it sounds like a really fun place to work, so we are very, very grateful for him to be able to work there and be so happy there.

And Jarom had a birthday yesterday! Big 32! I didn't make a cake though because 1. I was too tired, 2. I'm gong to make a cake on Sunday to share with his family, and 3. I got a call that the couple that is interested in the house wanted to come by to take another look last night as I was finishing up making dinner and I needed to make beds. So he'll get to have his cake and blow out his candle (Isaac said he could only have one - at first he said two, but then said only one - very cheeky!) on Sunday. Happy Birthday sweetheart!

1 comment:

Ioana said...

Happy Birthday, Jarom! I'm so glad things are going so well for him at the new job!