Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another house update

So it's been a week since we last saw the house (being on vacation and all...), so it was so much fun for us to go out there tonight and see everything that has been done in just one week!The outside of the house is just about done. I think all that is left now is to pour the steps leading to the front door, the sidewalk, and pour the driveway.A close up of the entryway.
The windows on the garage. I've never seen these windows on another house, but I thought they looked neat.
Here's my kitchen where lots of yummy meals will be made. I can hardly wait to have so much cabinet space! And while I would have loved the staggered cabinets, Jarom said that he'll get the molding to finish off the tops. I love having a handy hubby. :)Here's a close up of the vinyl flooring. Yeah for easy to clean floors with little kids!
And here's my counter tops. I saw these in a few of the spec homes and thought it looked so pretty! Here's the powder room that we were too cheap to have the builder put in.... for some reason, they installed the toilet and sink anyway. We asked them to just rough in the bathroom and we were planning on finishing it after we move in. I half expect them to be gone by the time we close, but if not, less work for us to do as soon as we move in! This is the doorway leading into the laundry room. I just love the beadboard pattern on the doors!!!
This is the counter in the kids' bathroom. The master bath looks about the same, only with two sinks.
Some of the lights are already installed, the outlet plates are on and the deck is up in the back. It all looks so nice! They also put in a garage door opener that we didn't order - another thing we were just going to do ourselves after we move in, but if it's still there when we close, I won't mind! Still no word on a closing date, but we don't have much farther! Maybe 3 weeks or so?

8 comments:

Jeff said...

Looking good!

Annakaisa said...

Yay.. first pics from inside! I've been waiting for this. It looks SO great!! I'm very excited for you guys! I can't believe how fast they have built the whole thing. I love the kitchen. So much space and cute cabinets! Can't wait to come visit, when it's all ready.

Ioana said...

It's looks really good! I am so excited for you!!!

David and Taryn said...

Wow! You're house is getting done fast! It seems like you just posted pictures of the lot not too long ago! I hope they slow down so you don't have to move so soon! :)

Brooke said...

Wow what a pretty house! I am so excitied for you guys!

John said...

Your house is looking great!!!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Wahoo! That is so exciting! It looks fabulous and I love all the color choices you've made. I am excited for you.

Unknown said...

so exciting! I love the way it looks!