Monday, August 11, 2008

Shameless plugs

So there's been a few good finds lately that I thought I would pass along. The first two have to do with our little trip down here in sunny (and humid!) California.

The first is my awesome Aunt Chris's little boutique called Curby's Closet. I knew that she had some cute things that I had seen on her Etsy page, but we went by her house last night and I actually SAW all the adorable dresses she has in her house and was AMAZED!!! She had two long racks of dresses, plus a few more hanging on other racks, not to mention the shoes and bonnets and other adorable accessories! If you are looking for some adorable vintage dresses, whether to collect, to dress your baby in, or just to love, please look at her website and fall in love with the gems that she has acquired! Look at her blog to see the cute little fashion show, Through the Garden Gate. She will have another one coming soon with babies in the flower bed featuring the cutest little girl this side of the Mississippi, so stay tuned for that! :)Our next great find while in California is a restaurant down the street from our hotel, El Torito. We went there for dinner on Saturday night and LOVED it! It ranks right up there as one of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever eaten at. Both Jarom and I had carnitas tamales, cheese enchiladas, and hard tacos, and it was tasty! It was my first time having a freshly-made hard-shell taco, wow! And the biggest test - Isaac even ate! So if you come down to OC and are looking for some good Mexican food, I would suggest eating there.My next shout out has nothing to do with our vacation, but something that I just think is hilarious, the cake wrecks blog. I would highly recommend subscribing to this RSS feed so that you don't miss out on a single entry. I have never laughed so hard at (1) the hilarious pictures and (2) the even more hilarious descriptions and captions. (My favorite so far is Drew's Birthday Wish on July 30th.) If you're ever having a bad day and really need a good laugh, go check it out.

1 comment:

Annakaisa said...

Seems like you had a great trip in California. The cakes are CRAZY! Although well done, I think I still prefer a more traditional ones on my table. ;)
I was browsing through your favorite books list and noticed the Sheri Dew's 'If life were easy, it wouldn't be hard'. I'm reading it at the moment and just LOVING it!! Hats off for Sheri!